Biden’s dogs at the WH

Yes … trained to sense when their owner is about to make a gaffe. :wink:

Not sure about Obama, but he’d better keep an eye on the dogs when the Chinese delegation is visiting. :wink:

1 Like

What’s even sadder is TDS. :wink:

1 Like

Trump has plenty of lapdogs.

Really? C’mon man! :relaxed:

The TDS is strong in this one. Why are you still obsessing with a former President? This is going to get pretty freaking boring.
:sleeping:

3 Likes

Because I’m a horrible human being. You got me.

1 Like

Got you? Who said I was trying to get you?
You’re not horrible. You just seem to be a little cranky. But I’m not going to claim you need a shrink or anything.
:wink:

I wouldn’t call myself cranky, although I can be. I call myself a contrarian, which I think is more accurate. If you’re a global warming alarmist, I’m contrary. If you’re a global warming denialist, I’m contrary. Moreover, I think seeing a shrink is great. I have needed a shrink in the past and it was one of the best things I did in my life. It helped me to take more risks in my professional life and improved my relationships in my personal life. My therapy was recommended to me by my older brother, a shrink.

And you’ve started how many rant threads today?..lol

Well good for you. I will never condemn anyone for this. It’s smart to seek help when things get bad. It’s time to de-stigmatize. I applaud your honesty.
:clap:

Did I ever claim I wasn’t cranky? What’s your point Prince Charming?

1 Like

Well, there we may agree. I’ve always been upfront about seeking psychodynamic psychotherapy and how it has helped me. I had no idea that things were bad with my mental health until things went bad. “Bad” is relative. My girlfriend (now my wife) dumped me because I too self absorbed. Why was that? Because my work drove me to distraction. I had to prove myself to my father. Prove to him that while I would not follow in his footsteps as a physician, that I could still succeed as some kind of professional. As for my mother, she was never around, predoccupied with her own ambition as a physician, which she succeeded quite well. So I was a lost and angry child, financially secure but emotionally deficient. So what I learned to need in childhood to survive emotionally did not serve me well as an adult. That is basically is the definition of neurosis. Many people are in that place and do not know it, blaming their problems on something external. So, anyway, that’s kind of my story. Mental illness is rarely cured, but it can by managed, just like my arthritis is managed.

By the way, part of the success of therapy depends on the internal desire to change. You need to feel inside that things can be better if you only seek to uncover things that are uncomfortable. If you rail against that, there’s not likely to be a good outcome.

I heard they’re bringing a cat. That’s fine. But we’re doing that part wrong

The White House needs it’s own cats. Mousers. If we had gotten this right from the start we’d be 20 generations deep in pest control perfection by now.

For real … that’s why it takes two. One dog would become exhausted. :wink:

All the best to you. I wish you nothing but success and happiness.

Thanks man. At 68 now, I’m pretty damn happy. I hike and climb in the mountains of Colorado, where I was a mountain guide in my 30s and 40s. After a stint in academia to earn my PhD, I turned my attention to teaching children and wrote a textbook in experimental physical science. After 34 years of teaching I’m still going strong. And my wife and I are happy. But, it many ways, I’m still ■■■■■■ up.

Very cool! I do a little backpacking. I did the Teton Crest trail two years ago. 41 miles at high elevation. Mostly above the tree line. I’m trying to convince one or two of my hiking partners to do a non technical 14er in Colorado. Maybe summit and back to campsite in 7 or 8 hours. Mt. Elbert looks interesting. Any recommendations?

Or Koreans

True, but he’s in bed with China, not Korea, so their delegation probably won’t be staying overnight. :wink: