Biden plays "will I or won't I?"

Inability to focus on the thread topic. This is a Biden thread.

I’d be hesitant to endorse a Biden run, but if Biden sets it up where Beto is his running mate, and Biden steps down after one term, allowing Beto to take the reigns, I might re-consider.

Don’t quit your day job. :sunglasses:

I also personally like the idea of Biden running and explicitly stating he’s coming in for one term to get things settled back to normal(no more crazytown) and have a VP who gets 4 years of experience before 2024. O’Rourke, Harris, Klobuchar…whoever.

True.

At almost every level of politics. Certainly worse as you climb higher into national politics. But even at the local level they now pull out speeding tickets and highlight disgruntled neighbors.

On both sides of the contests.

Politics is a dirty arena now. I don’t blame anyone for eschewing it. I wouldn’t even run for school board because of it.

What gives you the impression that it’s an impression?

Reason for asking?

Hey, ain’t apron tugging fun?

Nothing in OP’s article indicates Biden is playing games with running. He’s simply considering whether or not to run.

The article cites aides and people who have talked with Biden who have said he’s taking his time weighing his options and the effects running will have on him and his family.

Nothing in OP’s article gives ME an impression he’s playing games. Perhaps it does to you and OP, which is why I asked OP, and not Guvnah, what in his source gives that impression. I was curious, so I asked a question. That’s generally how internet forums work. Person says a thing, other people respond.

Because OP’s article doesn’t mention those things, but OP brought them up, so asking where he got that information is a perfectly on-topic discussion to have.

Is it? That’s what you’re doing right now. I asked some innocuous questions about unsourced information he provided in his post. You came and made it about me.

If you didn’t have an answer to those questions, then there was zero reason for you to respond to me, other than to “tug at the apron.” Trying to make this about me is off-topic. So if you had any answers to what I asked, I’d love to hear them, otherwise please stop making it personal and off-topic. Thanks!

I hear Hillary might run again.

Biden gives the appearance of being quite sane and fairly stable, if not inspired or brilliant. I hope he does not run. I want Harris or Warren.

PRECISELY!!

If you don’t like it happening to you, perhaps you should consider your own apron tugging!

Boy I hope not.

A. He had his shot.
B. Yes, he’s well respected and has solid policy credentials.
C. That said, there are nearly as many “never Obama” voters as there are “never Hillary” voters (I would think). I want NO “guilt-by-association” issues in 2020. I think any solid moderate with a clean slate will clean Trump’s clock. Klobuchar of the declared candidates, but my preference is to see Jon Tester run.

Didn’t the widow of Biden’s son marry his other son or something like that?

Not sure if he wants to submit his family to all the scrutiny.

Meh. A little weird, but I don’t see that being an issue. Two consenting adults who’ve known each other a long time deciding that they want to be together, not much there.

Drinking problem ? I thought he didn’t drink at all

Looks like the Democrats will be running their own clown car version of what the Republicans did in 2016. There are way too many candidates announcing their run for President. Hopefully most of those will drop out early.

He doesn’t drink. He’s well-known as a teetotaler.

It’s certainly not illegal and probably not even immoral, but it’s more than a little weird.

And I wouldn’t put anything past Trump.

I tend to agree with this. I think Biden would make a great president, but I’ve also held that we need to let political dinosaurs go extinct and start looking toward the future.

I think your part C is a pretty legitimate concern. I think Biden would have a difficult time separating himself from Obama, and while some may not see that as a bad thing, I think given the political climate right now, it could be detrimental to his chance to win in the general.

It’s actually not terribly uncommon. I’ve heard of it on more than one occasion.

Yeah I have too. And not just in Hamlet. I have no problem with it. I equate it to losing a spouse and then ending up with a close friend that you both knew for a long time. That also happens a lot.

1 Like