BIDEN: I Left the White House as ‘One of the Poorest Men in Government’

Originally published at: BIDEN: I Left the White House as ‘One of the Poorest Men in Government’ | Sean Hannity

Former Vice President Joe Biden defended his families close ties with the Ukraine on the campaign trail this week; claiming he left office as “one of the poorest men in government.”

“I’ve released 21 years of tax returns. I entered as one of the poorest men in Congress and left one of the poorest men in government, in Congress and as Vice President. I made no money other than my salary,” Biden told Reporters in Ohio.

.@JoeBiden: I left the White House “as one of the poorest men in government” pic.twitter.com/Pnd8s78l6Y

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) October 17, 2019

Biden’s comments come as a former State Department official told lawmakers he raised red flags over the former Vice President’s connection to Ukraine energy companies.

“Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent, who testified behind closed doors before committees spearheading the formal House impeachment inquiry, told congressional investigators that he had qualms about Hunter Biden’s role on the board of the Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings,” reports Fox News.

🚨 WOW 🚨

Diplomat told House committees that he flagged Hunter Biden's Ukraine work in 2015 but was brushed off by an aide to then VP Biden.https://t.co/Sub6avorHe

— Benny (@bennyjohnson) October 18, 2019

The Washington Post first reported details of Kent’s testimony on Friday, which included his concerns that the younger Biden’s role in the company could complicate U.S. diplomatic efforts with Ukrainian officials, and raised the issue of a possible conflict of interest. Kent also testified that he was worried that Hunter Biden’s position would make Ukrainian officials think he was a channel of influence to his father, who was vice president at the time,” adds Fox.

BREAKING: George Kent testified he “had raised concerns in early 2015 about then-Vice President Joe Biden’s son serving on the board of a Ukrainian energy company but was turned away by a Biden staffer, according to 3 people familiar with the testimony.” https://t.co/dsAk6lqRuf

— Aaron Blake (@AaronBlake) October 18, 2019

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.