Biden Gaslights Oil Companies While Weakening Readiness

Politicians are supposed to cripple industries and screw over millions of people just to satisfy a tiny percentage of their base and the foreigners they are in debt to?

What happened to “I will unite this country”?, seems he’s done nothing but divide, and “‘no one making under 400000 a year will pay any new taxes”? Seems to me we are all getting our butts taxed out the wazoo to support his failed policies.

4 Likes

Well he is uniting the GOP and independents but not in a way he wanted.:wink:

4 Likes

Wrong question. The correct question is; “Is there anything that can’t be critted?”

The answer is no.

Calling for increased production is crippling them?

Lying about this 9000 leases story…promising during the campaign to end fossil fuels…

This is from a piece in the Washington Post…yep even the Post gets what a garbage job Biden has done on energy…and we are all paying for clueless Joe’s incompetence. This was published about a month ago related to Russia/Ukraine but the details certainly apply. It’s an opinion piece but expresses the thoughts better than I can.

“He inherited a nation that was an energy superpower. During his four years in office, President Donald Trump opened 100 million acres of public land and water, including the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, to exploration. He withdrew from the Paris climate accord, approved the Keystone XL pipeline between the United States and Canada, and rolled back Obama-era regulations such as the Clean Power Plan that held back domestic exploration and production. Trump’s policy was “drill, baby drill.” The result? On his watch, the United States supplanted Russia and Saudi Arabia as the world’s largest oil producer…This newfound energy independence transformed the national security landscape, strengthening the United States vis-a-vis Russia and other revanchist powers. But on taking office, Biden squandered the position of strength he inherited from Trump. He prioritized climate change over energy independence and launched a policy of energy disarmament. Biden rejoined the Paris agreement and canceled the Keystone XL pipeline, which by itself would have transported 830,000 barrels of oil per day from Alberta to refineries on the Gulf Coast of Texas — far more than the 538,000 barrels we import every day from Russia). He suspended oil and gas leases in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and sought to deliver on his campaign promise to ban all “new oil and gas permitting on public lands and waters.” And he made clear his intention to tax and regulate the fossil fuel industry out of business, promising that his administration would “end fossil fuel…”These policies have backfired — undermining the United States in its confrontation with Russia today. Thanks to Biden’s climate policies, and the record inflation his administration has helped unleash, the price of gasoline has risen from an average of $2.38 a gallon under Trump to $3.53 today — the largest year-over-year price rises in at least 30 years. That leaves little room to absorb the impact of massive oil and gas sanctions on Russia. The highest U.S. price for a gallon of regular gas has been $4.11. If Biden were to impose the kinds of crippling energy sanctions required to truly punish Russia, prices could rise far higher.“

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/02/24/biden-climate-gas-prices-russia-sanctions/

4 Likes

Lmao @ “eVeN tHe wAShInGToN pOsT” and links to an open from ■■■■■■■ Marc Theissen who I’m sure you have no idea who he is. I do.

The Post is a Republican Neocon rag and always has been. The DC press ie wired for the GOP. There isn’t a publication that cheered harder for the invasion of Iraq and made more excuses for it and the Bush presidency.

Lmao @ even the post and points to an oped from a Republican congenital liar. Well played Lmao.

2 Likes

Rodeo’s post is easily refuted by data. Dramatic US production increases are due to technology, not any politics winds. Production was jumping well before Trump.

…as evidenced by the record profits the oil companies earned last year.

Investment in oil, specifically Unconventionals, dried up years before Biden because investors got tired of not getting the ROI desired and gave up. This occurred during Trump’s tenure as president (I don’t blame him).

Had a long discussion about this very thing with a person who works for a Wall Street fund that specializes in energy.

He concurs.

This is from an oil and gas entrepreneur named Harold Hamm…from the Wall Street Journal. Headline “ Biden’s War on Oil Hits Consumers
The American energy industry is ready to help if Washington stops trying to put us out of business.”

“Gasoline prices are higher than we have ever seen. The government reported a year-over-year inflation rate of 7.9% for February, the highest since 1982. Americans need relief, and one thing stands in the way: President Biden’s unwillingness to reverse course on his administration’s commitment to put the American oil-and-gas industry out of business at the consumer’s expense… In the year since the administration froze new drilling leases on 26% of federal land and more than a third of the nation’s resources in productivity, the U.S. has been falling further from energy independence, putting national security at risk. There is no good reason for America to become more reliant on energy imports. It constrains our policy choices, forces us to cede our national security to foreign players and enriches those who would do us harm. This administration is working with the Saudis, Venezuela and even Iran to come to the rescue. Why?

The U.S. needs domestically produced oil and natural gas. In 2019 the U.S. became energy-independent, a net exporter. Gas and electricity prices were low, and the U.S. was the largest producer of energy on the planet. Thanks to abundant and affordable clean-burning natural gas, brought to us by horizontal drilling, the reduction in greenhouse-gas emissions was the most successful in the industrialized world…Modern life is predicated on cheap, abundant and reliable energy. This administration has manufactured scarcity and mandated insecurity around the globe. Energy prices are rising everywhere, and releasing a couple of days’ supply from our strategic reserves is a temporary patch. The largest strategic reserve in the world is under our feet…”

Mr Hamm goes on to suggest three solutions to Biden’s energy mess.

“First, make it official U.S. policy to restore energy-independence by using all sources of available energy. Announce the intent to bring on more supply of oil and gas in the U.S… Second, open federal lands for energy development. The 9,000 permits the White House keeps touting is misleading at best. Thousands of those sites can’t be developed as they are held up in litigation. Others require new permits and leases to make a full unit. Thousands more await approval. Conservatively, our data tells us the number of available permits ready for production today stands closer to 1,500, and many of those are already drilling. No leases have been issued for federal land since 2020…Third, support energy infrastructure, including pipelines to transport natural gas, oil and CO2 safely. Projects such as the Mountain Valley Pipeline would increase energy availability and enhance our ability to export to our allies.” Biden’s War on Oil Hits Consumers - WSJ

By the way Borgia…aren’t you the person I caught blatantly misrepresenting, totally not telling the truth about something I said a few days ago? Why yes you are…so forgive me if I take nothing you say seriously.

1 Like

Let’s say this is true. Why aren’t 100% of those available sites being drilled?

They are asking for more (maybe) but can’t (or won’t) even drill the sites they have.

Sandra smith sitting in for Dana Perino on Fox this morning just said she’s reached out to energy people who should know after Biden’s big announcement about further draining the strategic reserves last night, a million barrels a day right? She reported they said we don’t have the capacity for that size release.

Is clueless Joe, the influence peddler in Chief about to screw up another one? Can this clown get anything right?

You got you, so you pivot to the source? Typical.

Of course you did.

Because there is a clock strategy involved in leases.

Explain please…

Too complicated for a thumb. You can find it.

Knew it… buzzword bingo.

I know what it is… you failed to explain what part of the clock oil companies are on and why it impacts their drilling on already obtain leases.

Thanks and there is a fair amount of what he says that I agree with. But he is exaggerating the effect of the public land effect. Most public land with oil assets is offshore (GOM) and Alaska neither of which are responsible for the oil production growth we have seen over the last 15 years. If we want to ramp up oil production as quickly as possible, then we are stuck with the Permian which increased drilling would see an increase in production about 2 years from now. Alaska and GOM can’t do production increases in any reasonable time. For the Permian, the vast majority of true land is private, not subject to any restrictions from Biden. Hamm is eliding over these facts.

If we want significant production increase to effect has prices in the short term, only two places have spare capacity - Saudi Arabia and UAE, both of which have declined to substantively increase production.