BIDEN BACKS OFF: Joe Admits ‘I Wasn’t Arrested, I Was Stopped’ During a Trip to South Africa

Originally published at: BIDEN BACKS OFF: Joe Admits ‘I Wasn’t Arrested, I Was Stopped’ During a Trip to South Africa | Sean Hannity

Former Vice President Joe Biden backed-away from earlier claims he was “arrested” decades ago during a trip to South Africa this week; admitting he was “not arrested” but “stopped” at a local airport.

“I want to ask you about one thing that you’ve said repeatedly on the campaign trail, I think it’s three times. You said that during a visit to South Africa to visit Nelson Mandela… that you were arrested,” pressed one reporter from CNN.

“Well, what I meant to say was, I got off that… Look, I strongly, strongly, strongly opposed Apartheid… Here’s the deal, I was with a black delegation, the Black Caucus… I turned around and everybody else was going another way,” deflected Biden.

“I wasn’t arrested, I was stopped. I was not able to move where I wanted to go,” he added.

.@JoeBiden addresses the false claim that he was arrested protesting Apartheid:

“I got off that… look, I strongly, strongly, strongly opposed Apartheid … I wasn’t arrested, I was stopped. I was not able to move where I wanted to go."pic.twitter.com/KriMkrBmTp

— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) February 28, 2020

Watch Biden’s comments above.