Biden administration says global warming is increasing risks from tornados

Both Biden and his FEMA Administrator are blaming the recent outbreak of deadly tornados on global warming:

. . .the top US emergency management official warned Sunday that such cataclysms will be the “new normal.” “The effects we are seeing of climate change are the crisis of our generation,” FEMA Administrator Deanne Criswell told CNN’s “State of the Union”. . . .

“The fact is that we all know everything is more intense when the climate is warming — everything,” said the president. “And obviously, it has some impact here, but I can’t give you a — a qualitative read on that.”

The reality is that the death rate from tornados has been falling steadily since the 1920s. Does the reduction in tornado risks mean that we really have be experiencing global cooling for the last century?

https://inside.nssl.noaa.gov/nsslnews/2009/03/us-annual-tornado-death-tolls-1875-present/

2 Likes

Sheople…come…eat…regurgibleat…tomorrow…repeat. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

What does the death rate from tornadoes have to do with the increased frequency or strength of them over the last 100 years?

1 Like

everytime the wind blows it will be because of “climate change” because they are literal maniacs

5 Likes

Tornadoes are normal. Turn that stupid TV off, libs.

:man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Erthang.

More people too.

Yes, if we can train tornados to stay in corn fields and cow pastures, then increased strength or frequency could be irrelevant to death rate.

My observation is that the 1920s was when radios and telephones became available in the rural US, which started to allow tornado warnings that have saved lives. The FEMA director seems to be ignoring that risks from tornados have been going down over the last century:

. . . We’re seeing more intense storms, severe weather, whether it’s hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires. And one of the focuses my agency is going to have is, how can we start to reduce the impacts of these events as they continue to grow?”

1 Like

Could be because better weather forecasting, tornado prediction models, better warning systems, better building construction.

1 Like

They could at least let the families get the bodies in the ground before they start playing political football.

3 Likes

I don’t quite understand. You think the families that were affected by the tornadoes would be offended by attributing some of this to global warming?

Mass school shootings are also normal…now.

Progs: “massive looting and crime has always existed. But tornados… they are a new threat, seldom seen before global warming.”

:nerd_face: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Probably offended by the libs using their corpses as political footballs. But hey, maybe Brandon can get a cool new nickname out of it, like Leatherface while he metaphorically cuts their faces off and wears them on political rallies in his basement.

4 Likes

Can’t speak for others, but if I lost friends or family to a tornado, I’d be livid to hear people using their death as a political punching bag.

4 Likes

One phrase: Tri state tornado

I knew it was just a matter of time before the environmental nut jobs would come out and blame Global Warming/Climate Change, because you’re right they’re nothing more than a bunch of maniacs led by the bag of stale oatmeal in the WH!

1 Like

I waiting for the standard Democrat excuses to be turned back against them.

For example, consider the question: Why are you refusing to get vaccinated in spite of the mandates?

1. I identify as trans-vaccinated. You are a bigot if you claim that I am not vaccinated.

2. Trump’s vaccines are racist, you white supremacist.

3. Scientists say that global warming is to blame.

4. Vaccine mandates are a Russian plot; you must be a Russian operative.

1 Like

Yeah, and made worse by progressive policies!

1 Like

I’m sure they would want at least a few days before the political football game started.

Maybe four to five days? Then it’s fully political fair game at that point.

Whether human caused climate change is a fact or not (and I lean towards it being a fact; I simply disagree on some of the solutions for it) is immaterial. It’s a politically heated issue that everyone knows about. It’s not some obscure political debate.

Just a few days to do the burials and for the families to mourn. Then it can become inevitable political football.

1 Like

Yes, we should look to your sides’ real time commentary on the Waukesha parade attack as an example of sterling comportment.

1 Like