BETO’S BILL OF RIGHTS: O’Rourke Says Americans Have ‘The Right’ to Live Near Their Job

Originally published at: BETO’S BILL OF RIGHTS: O’Rourke Says Americans Have ‘The Right’ to Live Near Their Job | Sean Hannity

Beto O’Rourke added to the list of rights -like Freedom of Speech and Religion- enjoyed by all Americans this week; saying workers have “the right” to live close to their employment.

“Here’s a tough thing to talk about though we must. Rich people are going to have to allow — or be forced to allow — lower income people to live near them. Which is what we fail to do in this country right now. We force lower income working Americans to drive 1, 2, 3 hours in either direction to get to their jobs. Very often minimum wage jobs that they’re working 2 or 3 of them right now. What if, as we propose to do, we invested in housing that was closer to where you work. Very often mixed income housing meaning the very wealthiest are living next to those who are not the very wealthiest in this country,” said O’Rourke on the campaign trail.

Living close to work shouldn't be a luxury for the rich. It's a right for everyone. pic.twitter.com/lohRdoFGrH

— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) September 10, 2019

Beto’s comments come days after he claimed west Texas will soon become “uninhabitable” for human beings.

“My son Henry, who’s 8-years-old, he asked me, ‘Dad, if you win and you become President, we get to live in El Paso, right?’ I said no, we’d live in Washington, DC. But he knew that our community will become uninhabitable, will not sustain human life along this current trajectory unless something changes,” O’Rourke told the audience.

Beto O'Rourke says his 8 year old son told him that they cannot live in El Paso in the near future because it "would not sustain human life unless something dramatic changes" with climate change.

Yeah, okay. pic.twitter.com/i2Gxe4eYyX

— The Rebel (@RebelNewsOnline) September 5, 2019

Sen. Bernie Sanders made similar dire predictions at the event; claiming population growth was a key aspect in fighting global warming.

“Empowering women to curb population growth seems reasonable to enact. Would you be courageous enough to discuss this issue and make it a key feature of a plan to address climate catastrophe?” asked an audience member.

“The answer is yes. Women have a right to control their own bodies and make reproductive decisions… In poor countries around the world, where women do not want to have large numbers of babies, where they can have the opportunity to use birth control to control the number of kids they have, is something I very strongly support,” said Sanders.