Best Economy Ever? Fed Cuts Interest Rates For 2nd Time in 2019

Really? I paid $2.40 yesterday. I’m moving…

MFA Oil does a local economy good. :sunglasses:

Low interest rates are totally cool and totally legal

I see you’re not in the mood for a discussion here. Okay.

First one… opinion piece.

Second one… has nothing to do with wishing for a recession but saying that the Democrats should be prepared to handle the one that seems to be on the horizon

Third one…

“I never wish for a recession. Period,” the former vice president and current Democratic presidential candidate told reporters in Prole, Iowa.

Fourth one… Bill Maher… weakest of sauces to complain about.

5 Likes

Ironic coming from someone who doesn’t understand his four links don’t actually back up his premise.

1 Like

spanky spanky…now run along
and try to sing a different song :sunglasses:

Bill Maher is an idiot.

Have said so many many times.

He speaks for Bill Maher and Bill Maher alone.

Not for anyone in the Democratic party.

2 Likes

Are there any Republican comedians?

Here’s the deal. Non-Trump supporters are pointing out that the economy is not in the great shape that Trump supporters and Trump himself keep painting.

Trump loyalists are upset that the magic man blew smoke up people’s rear ends by claiming that the tax cuts for the rich and businesses would litter the US with money out the wazoo. Loyalists are also upset that the media is even discussing the reports that the economy is not robust.

So, to make themselves (loyalists) feel good, they spew this “libs want a recession” non-sense.

I so wish that people would understand what is going on and admit that there might be a problem looming, and to prepare (if at all possible) for a downturn. This head in the sand is going to not play out well to some. And its a shame.

1 Like

Well said. Good post!

1 Like

All that extra money in my bank account that used to go to taxes is greatly helping me prepare for any economic downturn.

Yes.

The benefits went to the 1%

We know.

Tax cuts generally favor those who pay the most taxes, I don’t have a problem with that.

We know you don’t.

An opinion hit piece by the Washington times.

Who could have figured that.

Allan

But how does that help the economy long term? Trickle down economics?

Rich people and corporations take the money and run.

My company for instance, instead of hiring people they spent their money buying back stock.

Allan

Well let’s see, I am currently using the money to renovate the house I own, all going into the local economy and employing dozens of local companies, pool renovation, new pool deck, landscaping, interior design, flooring, etc etc. Spending more than I saved actually but I wouldn’t have taken on the project or this house absent the tax cut. And apparently it’s not just me because they all say they haven’t been this busy in years.

Wait, you just said…

You just pulled a Rudy.

4 Likes

Lol do you know what equity is? Comparable real estate values for my house are 200k higher than what I paid for the property. So yes, I am spending the tax cut while at the same time improving my net worth considerably more.