Besides Tax Cuts For The Wealthy - What major domestic thing has trump accomplished?

You of course missed the point. Youre bragging that trump and the GOP did major stimulative spending and increased spending back to 2009 levels during full employment and dropped the rate by 1%. As if Obama injecting 2009 level spending in 2016 and doubled the deficit wouldnt have you howling

No.The GOP didnā€™t write the budget. BOTH parties wrote the budget, in compromise with each other, as is always the case. Thatā€™s why I always blame both parties for spending ad always blame the Congress.

Itā€™s their job abd they always muff it.

But nice try.

M

No I didnā€™t

I never said that Trump and the GOP did stimulative spending. Where do you get that???

The only TRY at stimulative spending was by Obama and it was mostly a FAILURE.

What Trump did was set in motion the spending by the private sector to create growth and jobs. He did that by reducing corporate taxes - freeing up their own money - and by deregulating greatly - again, freeing up their own money.

That is the way you grow PERMANENT jobs - give the private sector the means and the desire to spend their own capital on growth. Make it EASIER for them to do so.

Obama tried to have all of us PAY for the jobs he created but that only works for a short time, unless you keep spending government money to create more jobs. Why would anyone want the government - your tax dollars and mine - to be the source of make-work jobs forever???

M

Of course they did. They doubled the deficit and returned spending back to 2009 levels. Facts.

YOU SAID I bragged about the Trump administration doing major stimulative spending.

I did no such thing.

I have said FROM THE START that - unlike Obama - Trump has only tried to get private industry to use their own money to create jobs, as that is the way you create permanent and full-time jobs.

What the CONGRESS - both sides of the aisle - spends our money on has NOTHING to do with Trump policies on the economy that have indeed created record-levels of jobs in private industry by getting private industry to expand and hire.

M

Ahh my bad. Youve just been avoiding it in all your chest beating

http://mattbruenig.com/2014/07/04/government-on-net-incentivizes-work-and-employment/

None of this means that these so-called ā€œregulationsā€ are bad.

Itā€™s strange that Iā€™ve never seen any ā€œanti-regulationā€ sentiment directed at contract enforcement. Thatā€™s incredible intrusive ā€œregulationā€.

Prison reform? Introduced programs to stimulate economic development in the inner cities? Streamlined veteransā€™ medical care? Built a lot of border wall? Made the US energy independent? Reinvigorated the coal-mining industry?

More coal plants have been shutdown in Trumps first 2 years than Obamas first term.

?

Are you referring to the unemployment rate for African Americans thats been consistently on a decade long down trend?

Nope. He hasnt built a lot at all.

MW-BG484_oil_im_MG_20130807102318

Weā€™ve had net positive exports for a long time.

Where do you guys get this stuff???

3 Likes

No.I havenā€™t been avoiding it.

I have been speaking about the proactive things this president did to get business to hire, using their own money - corporate tax cuts, better trade policy and deregulation.

And thatā€™s all I have been talking about.

M

Sorry.

I didnā€™t say that the existance of government doesnā€™t affect the economy. I said that the Presidentā€™s policies for job growth have NOT been to make work, using government stimulus, as Obama attempted to do, but rather to incentivize private industry to use their own funds to grow and then hire.

M

Iā€™m not telling you that all regulations are bad and no one believes they are.

Iā€™m telling you that the plan to get private industry to use their own money to expand and hire was greatly aided by the deregulation he has fostered since day one, but even he hasnā€™t rid us of all regulations. .

Now, if you ask business they will be HAPPY to tell you where many of the
regulations were abusive and over-wrought, but then, they are the ones who have to deal with them. They are the experts.

And they have been voting their approval of Trumpā€™s policies with new business, new manufacturing and new jobs.

M

The things this administration are doing at HUD will be GREAT for the innr cities.

M

Hooray for arbitration clauses

Like increasing spending back to 2009 levels and blowing up the deficit for upper class tax cuts, paid for with debt. Oh how times have changed.

And yet GDP growth is in line with the historical trend of the last decade and Obama had higher GDP quarters well after the recession when taxes were higher.

you have no evidence to support anything that you said.

Hilarious to see republicans complain about democrats not rolling over for Trump when republican politicians openly stated that their main goal was to see Obama fail.

He didnā€™t increase spending.

The Congress writes the budget. Put the blame for debt where it properly belongs.

M