Besides Tax Cuts For The Wealthy - What major domestic thing has trump accomplished?

To say that trumps gains are better than Obama’s is to deny reality.

So the reality is Trump is at least as good as Obama?

Nope.

Statistics alone don’t tell you squat.

You are trying to say that because we have had gains in both Obama and Trump that the reasons for those gains are the same.

There is NO reason to believe that.

Show me the REASON for the gains in each presidency. You guys throw up a chart and claim that shows the reasons. It doesn’t. It only shows that the economy has had gains within a certain time period. WHY did it?

I have showed you proactive reasons that Trump has had gains in both jobs and wages - even in the face of near full employment and raises in the Fed rates, when he should not have.

Show me why Obama had gains. Otherwise, you keep beating the same dead horse.

M

I didn’t say that Trump’s gains were “better”.

I said that in the face of near-full employment and Fed rate increases Trump has STILL managed to have gains in both employment and wages.

And Trump’s gains are mostly full-time and permanent jobs.

I’m asking what Obama did to claim he was responsible for the gains in his presidency. What were his proactive policies?

He had none. He was in fact harmful to certain businesses in particular and Obamacare was rough on small business, in general. He had gains because it’s hard to stop the American economy, but his recovery was the WEAKEST in living memory. It was DESPITE him - not because of him.

M

1 Like

Where have i denied jobs have been gained diring the last 2 years? I’m denying that they are due to some incredible trump policy, rather than the normal trend. Although, i guess $1trillion deficits are cool for 1% unemployment drops. You keep acting like the unemployment rate would have haulted without Trump. You back up nothing.

We already have multiple times. But you have your fingers in your ears justifying Trump’s $1trillion deficit spending for a 1% drop. ■■■■ if Obama blew up the deficit and increased spending back to 2009 levels he would have continued dropping unemployment as well.

Praise lord trump

Then you are denying that it is harder to make gains when we are nearer to full employment and when the Fed raises interest rates.

If it was just a continuing trend then it would have been a hockey stick, with far less employment as we did the last two years, but that’s not the case.

Deficit spending doesn’t HIRE people unless the government is hiring them. These are private sector full-time and permanent jobs that were created by policies - not government spending.

That was Obama’s attempt with the failed stimulus that you are confusing this with.

M

1 Like

You must be joking. I’ve been assured that the only way to recover economically as a nation is to tax and spend our way to prosperity.

No, I’m not. I’m denying that Trump is responsible beyond massive deficit spending and 2009 level spending just to bring down unemployment by 1%. You are denying the trends. And rationalizing massive deficits at full employment.

Deficit spending is deficit spending. And government spending is a major component of GDP and jobs. Econ 101

Taxing to help pay for the spending. Thats not the GOP way, which is to lower taxes and increase spending.

Feelings tell you less. You are arguing from a strange position. You know I’m your heart of hearts that you are right because what you perceive as logical tells you that you can only be right.

Statistics gives you the ability to say not only so i feel i am right but the numbers bear it out. Right now you have nothing but feelings. Prove me wrong. You have before and i agreed with you.

1 Like

The thread title is not true.

Ya look at that failure. Btw, tax rates on top earners went up in 2012. A quarter of the stimulus was tax cuts. Obama cut spending as % of GDP too

download

Obama inherits $1.3trillion deficit and 800k jobs being lost a month. Leaves office at 4.8% unemployment and a deficit <$500bil.

Thats a failure. But Trump doubling the deficit and increasing spending back to 2009 levels, for a 1% unemployment drop, inheriting near full employment is a success.

Someone call the X Files

3 Likes

Nonsense.

The jobs that have been created are private sector jobs.

This is NOT a “Trump stimulus plan”. It’s just job-creating policies.

What the CONGRESS spends that creates deficits is the fault of the Congress and has nothing to do with Trump’s job creating policies. And what the Congress SAVES that lessens deficits is also the fault - or credit - to the Congress - not Obama’s non-job-creating policies.

M

1 Like

What I know is that when you get close to full employment the economy doesn’t recover on its own. It gets MUCH harder to make gains. You need to help it.

Trump policies made gains and continue to do so, in both employment and wages.

M

It is wholly disingenuous to blame the spending on the GOP.

Look at the budget and marvel at all the Dem spending programs in it and then tell me it’s the fault of one party.

M

You know that but you can’t prove that. Again a strange position to argue from

Ya deficit fueled tax cuts and increasing spending back to 2009 levels arent “stimulus” :crazy_face: