Ben Sasse lets Trump have it. A voice from my side of the right side of the Aisle!

It’s not a big secret here that I am disillusioned with the Republican Party and Mainstream Conservatism. I believe there will soon be a ratcheting up of MEN like Ben Sasse, and others who are going to PRIMARY Trump.

I see Sasse as a voice from my side of the right side of the Aisle. We need common sense leadership. Not someone who stands in front of the world and says ■■■■■■■■ the while not knowing that his own administration is out there enacting policy in a way that is not what the President is saying. Who’s in Charge. Trump or the people he surrounded himself with?

1 Like

It’s time that we demand Trump step down, so that we can have the principled conservative, Mike Pence, take over.

Unitl Sasse, Flake, and others in the Senate and House do something, ■■■■ them ■■■■ them ■■■■ them. Enough with the talk and the frowning and pearl-clutching tweets. Here are things they could actually do:

1. Compel disclosure of Trump’s tax returns.
  2. Pass Mueller protection bill.
  3. Remove Devin Nunes from HPSCI.
  4. Pass censure resolution.
  5. Subpoena his business records unless he liquidates his assets.
7 Likes

None of that is going to happen. They’re all bluster with no bite.

I’m beyond tired of hearing the Corkers, Rubios, Flakes, and Sasses repeatedly act as if they have the willingness to stand up to Trump and then doing absolutely jack **** of any consequence to hold him accountable. They could have done something months ago if they wanted to. Instead, they sit on the sidelines wringing their hands while apparently forgetting they are among the most powerful individuals in the country and barely hold the majority that allows this farce to continue with not nearly the level of oversight it requires.

4 Likes

Sorry, but they have all been enablers. They are equally to blame for the traitorous Trump, as are those who voted for him and still support him.

Weekly Standard actually called for Censure:
https://www.weeklystandard.com/the-editors/editorial-a-punishable-disgrace

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. He is not a principled conservative. I am from Indiana. Mike Pence was a PUTZ. He almost destroyed public education in the state, he did nothing important, and did nothing of any consequence that wasn’t already started by Mitch Daniels before him.

I would take him for the next two years. But not after that.

But did they furrow their brows?

1 Like

The most patriotic thing any of those Republican politicians could do would be to immediately switch political parties and start voting against his agenda.

2 Likes

I’m just saying he’s better than Trump, and trying to use the most flowery language to describe Pence so that more people will buy on.

I would love for the Senate Republicans to call for Censure…And it would be a powerful message…that if impeached, he might not have the republicans on his side. It is time for those republicans up for re election to stand for what is right. Not what is Trump.

Yes.

Tom Cotton put a hold on one of Obama’s diplomatic nominations and blocked the nominee until she literally died of cancer. So even one Senator can make a big difference, right? These people are cowards. Maybe they’d change their minds if Putin suggested that Trump propose raising the top marginal tax rate by half of a percent.

4 Likes

Quite fervently at that!!!

And it’s like, what do people like Flake and Corker even have to lose at this point? They are leaving Congress. Are they worried they won’t get invited to dinner parties or something? Waiting on a cozy lobbying job?

I don’t get it either, other than they’re pathetic venal spineless cowards.

1 Like

Actually, I’d be happier if they stayed on their side of the aisle and started voting against Trump (occasionally, as needed).
Liberals need principled conservatives as a back stop. (Similarly conservatives need principled liberals.)
The country is safer with a sane GOP. Sasse leaving the GOP won’t make it any saner.

2 Likes

I agree. It is time for them to man up…put their foot down and be leaders…this whole do nothing attitude has got to end. I think they are trying to just let him ■■■■ up on his own. But that isn’t going to happen. Stand up and be counted congressional republicans…

That ship has sailed. The base of the party is Trumpers. If you don’t want to co-opt the Democratic Party, in the same way Trumpers co-opted the Republican Party, why not create/co-opt a new party for Conservative voters to have a home? I’m sure you’d find some who would cross over with the more moderate/conservative Democratic voters.

The current form of the GOP isn’t going to suddenly become sane. It needs to lose badly for the decisions it has made and then take the time to reform itself around something other than trolling liberals.