Bellwether election in North Carolina swept by Republicans

Take that up with the OP who thinks this is a bellwether for 2020.

you mean the people in North Carolina don’t want to rebuild the Soviet Union in America? say it isn’t so…

Bingo! Trump has done a really good job pissing off all of the minorities, women, farmers and a whole bunch of factory workers and small business owners. I have heard multiple leaders of minority groups that say their folks are fired up. And I have heard a couple of them predict that the minority turnout at the polls will be equal or greater then when Obama was elected. And the latest polls show him underwater in many districts that he won in the rust belt. I agree that much can happen. But I will be really surprised if Trump realizes that he has to expand his base or he is toast.

And I’m sure the reps are wondering if they can repeat those huge margins in Wis, Mich, Pa (what… 50,000 votes total?)

I thought people were supposed to be sorry they voted for Trump. You mean Trump coming to NC was an actual plus to the Republicans?
Well yes, even the Democrat recognized that and promised he would not support impeaching Trump.

It is difficult to know if his visit helped or not. But the polls there are showing that Trump is loosing ground in many districts there that he carried easily. And in the rust belt he is underwater in many districts that he took in 2016. Sure it is very early. But not a good sign for an incumbent president.

Trump seems to need a constant stream of applause and adulation to fill his emotional needs. That’s why the rallies are so important and why it is so difficult for him to reach beyond his base. But he won’t be toast if he loses in 2020; he will pivot to his 2017 strategy and start a TV network to give him and full time platform from which he will continue to play a visible role in American politics.

That is, of course, if he loses, which is not a given at all. Trump has lot about 5% of the support that carried him to the Presidency and there are many scenarios in which he could recapture that support.

Another business venture he can run into bankruptcy?

Why are you putting “irregularities” in quotes?

A GOP operative is facing felony charges for what he did.

It was respectable voter fraud.

1 Like

link to a dem saying they had a win?

It was right before John Bolton became a man of the left

Who cares about that. That’s capitalism. Donald Trump can teach us a great deal about how to continue to fund raise regardless of one’s track record… TNN or whatever they chose to call it will present an interesting challenge to Fox. I sometimes wonder if Trump’s recent attacks on Fox are a signal of a long-term strategy.

Chief scenario, of courses, is whom the Democrats select.
People liking Trump or not is only half the equation.

good point. Trump’s theoretical market would be the same people who frequent Fox. They’re white, old and not growing in number. Sounds a lot like his strategy in Atlantic City – trying to take market share in a declining industry.

Probably because there is no fraud yet proven. There are presently only allegations of voter fraud on his part.

That wouldn’t match my definition of bellwether.

This is one of the reasons Trump’s supporters belief that he is a great businessman is wrong. When was he ever successful in creating a new market or product — which is what an entrepreneur does.

strong text

LOL! Let’s see quotes around all the never proven claims that masses of undocumented aliens are voting illegally,

1 Like