Behold the power of The Hogg!

Yes. The source I was looking at was referring to organs that suffered cavitation damage looking like squashed melons.

Whatever dude. You have your opinion of Hogg and I have mine. Time will tell who is more accurate. But the potential charges Hogg could face because of his intimidation tactics that he is employing against businesses isn’t looking good for you. :wink:

And as I showed with three different calibers of handgun ammunition all 3 demonstrated the same cavitation.

Yes … and completely ignored by many, including you.

Publix said Friday it has suspended making political contributions in the wake of mounting pressure over its support of Adam Putnam, a Republican candidate for governor who backs the National Rifle Association. The announcement came shortly before “die-in” protests organized by anti-gun activist David Hogg began in Florida, including at a store in Orlando just east of downtown.
Wow- he really is powerful.

Agreed. Which is exactly why the kinetic energy of various bullets does not justify calling out the AR as a particularly heinous gun. The fact is, there is no evidence to support the contention that banning AR style guns would reduce casualties in mass shootings. That’s what we are really talking about here, not physics.

Never did any of these calculations beyond muzzle and impact energy and some drag effects.

but…here is my uninformed 2 cents.
@Borgia_dude
all else being equal maybe.

But if the slower one is slower because its drag coefficient is larger, then it could well dissipate more of its energy inside the body before it exits.

I think that factor is touched on here but no one has quantified it. You have to do some real math (calculus) to calculate from first principles the energy that the body absorbs, integrating the drag force along its path through the body. But the experts here probably have some rule of thumb or table-based method of coming up with the numbers… so you only need arithmetic.

So in the ideal world - as everyone knows - the bullet would have a low drag coefficient until it reaches the body and then through shape and/or orientation change, its drag coefficient increases.

There are other factors too. But I’ll leave those to the experts here.

Yes, in a three foot long chunk of ballistic gel. How thick is a human body?

If that bullet does not begin to really shed its energy until it has penetrated several inches of tissue and then exits still carrying much of its energy, it will cause less damage than a larger, slower bullet that dissipates all or most of its energy within the tissues. The science of bullet design is based on that fact.

Pathetic Samm…

Here is your idiotic post again.

And here is what I said you said

You literally put the word “ball” in your sentence because you and your cohort Rose keep trying to push your cherry picked ■■■■■■■■ about AR style rifles doing very little damage next to handguns because they all use, and I quote you again buddy, small fast moving ball ammo such as is usually fired from AR style rifles .

Your both a joke.

I stand by my words 100%. They say that the usual ammunition used in a AR is ball ammo. They do NOT describe ball ammo as a small caliber high velocity bullet. The fact that you are stubbornly unwillingly to admit that, says everything about you. Ignorance can be remedied and forgiven; willful ignorance is unforgivable.

[quote=“ToT, post:919, topic:505”]
Thanks Sneaky, but Rose and Samm have already explained that it is “small fast moving ammo”, “such as is usually fired from AR style rifles”. lol
[/quote]Once again demonstrating complete ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Ball ammunition is also made for handgun calibers. As I already told you it simply refers to the full metal jacketed bullet.

Your inability to comprehend English does not make you right.

He is not interested in facts, his mind is made up. :smile:

What it’s made up of I don’t know, but if it were ■■■■ he wouldn’t stink. :wink:

AR’s can also shoot hollow point, soft point, ballistic tipped, copper tipped, brass tipped, or even steep tipped expanding ammo.

As we both pointed out long ago to you and the rest most people shoot surplus military ball ammo because it’s dirt cheap compared to the rest.

Good to see you finally being just a little bit honest.

I’ve been honest throughout this thread. I pointed this out very early on in the thread.

My research was to look to the work of doctors who actually treat the wounds.

Btw I will once again point out that I am not calling for any gun bans (on record as being against that and against calling an AR-15 a “weapon of war”) and haven’t called the AR-15 a “heinous weapon”.

Simply did some math based on some numbers I found and mentioned some research on actual wounds reported by some doctors.

That’s the thing.

You obviously don’t know what my opinion of Hogg is.

You’re ASSUMING it.

Anything that happens to Hogg will have absolutely zero effect on me so why would you say “it’s not looking good for me”?

Let’s talk more about how cavitation really does the most damage.

The horribly underpowered 44spl CCI Blazer JJP gel test.

Cavitation anyone?

I know you are an expert and I really come hat in hand to suggest that maybe your definitions are 100 accurate within the circles in which you operate.
In my circles ( which includes some protection from small arms threats against low slow aircraft) we use “ball” to refer to a lead bullet with or without a jacket. All FMJ is ball and alot of ball - especially that used by NATO and civilized countries is FMJ. But the two are not synonymous. We use the term ball to distinguish that lead bullet (with or without a jacket) from armor piercing, incendiary, and tracer ammo.