Behold the power of The Hogg!

Stupid was your contribution. Dumber is trying to defend it.

Nothing can be dumber than thinking using one system of measurement to measure energy is “more accurate” than another system to measure energy.

The SI system, whether it be the MKS system or the CGI system, is just as accurate as the English system.

As long as you stay within one or the other and don’t mix them (NASA learned that the hard way), you can use any of those systems.

But I guess you’re accomplishing your usual goal of just exhausting everyone until they give up.

CGS System, that is…because I see we are STILL unable to edit our own posts.

If you had bothered to convert units you would have a reasonable argument to make.

You didn’t know what you were doing or talking about and made a fool of yourself and you now continue doing so.

Under what system is 250gr the same as 16gr?

Wildrose, please just say that jayjays calculation is correct for comparative purposes and leave it at that.

His calculation is wrong if you insist the answer must be in a specific unit.

Go ahead and make all the conversions you want. You will still end up with the exact same ratio of energies that jayjay cane up with.

The only thing he had right was the formula and the arithmetic.

He started off with this gem.

And has continued proving ever since that he has no clue what he’s talking about.

So you agree that his math where he compared energies is correct? Have we established that?

I agree that such an answer would be lucky to get 25% credit in any math or science class I ever took.

He couldn’t even come up with the correct units at the end for the measuring energy.

You understand that when comparing the energies of the two bullets that the units do not matter at all if they are consistent from one bullet to the second? You agree that is true, right?

I will point out that jayjay was making a comparison. He clearly wasn’t trying to make an absolute energy calculation. That should have been clear when he used velocities of 1 and 3.

He should have used proper weights/mass, proper velocities for both and the right units for energy.

Other than that he did a bangup job.

Grade=25% and that’s being generous.

What is the difference in the squares of 16 and 250?

Poor Samm… It’s good that you aren’t bothered by that failing memory bud, because that description was quoted directly from your post which I have provided below.

So your ignorance and penchant for … let’s say bending the truth is on full display here.

Look buddy, I put it in bold for you.

Now come back with another falsehood or insult about me. It’s what you do man.

Actually, for comparisons there is no need to use the proper weights/masses. When an engineer talks about a bullet being three times as heavy as a second bullet he can then say the kinetic energy is three times as much. The engineer doesn’t waste time figuring out the units or converting to mass. He knows the conversion cancels out in the comparison.

Similarly, if someone says the velocity of one bullet is three times the other, then the engineer doesn’t waste time figuring out units when trying to make a comparison. He just knows the energy is 9x (assuming bullet is the same mass in this case).

See how that works?

The objective was a comparison. The comparison was valid so I’d say it was a much higher grade.

You don’t know?

There is no objective comparison to be made with the figures so far out of the realm of reality and you know it.

Quit avoiding the question. What is the difference in the squares of 16 and 250?

Aw… Now you’ve gone and insulted your little side kick Samm. Or are you his sidekick?

Either way Rose, below is Samm’s post where he said exactly what I posted.

I’ll leave you two “terminal ballistics” geniuses to get your cherry picked stories and descriptions of ammo straight. :rofl: ROTFLMAO!!

Since we are all picking …

ft/lb is not a unit of energy.

it’s “ft lb”

One might use ft/lb to measure how skinny a string of hot dogs are.

Foot pounds is the correct expression of bullet energy.

I invite you to perform the exact calculations using your set of numbers. The ratio of energies will be exactly the same. That was his goal. How else do you explain the 1 m/s velocity he used? It is obvious to everyone except you, it seems.

??? 16^2-250^2 = -62244

that’s fine.

very very different than

foot/pound

Cool. When making a comparison of energies (E1/E2) what are the units?