Behold the power of The Hogg!

My God! How old are you? 10?

Is that you Peewee? If you are, it sure would explain why you think you are an expert on guns and ballistics.

I never said you did. But your idol Hogg has. Hogg and his anti-gun campaign is the OP topic in case you have forgotten.

You didn’t nor have I seen you ever.

When did I ever say David Hogg was my idol?

Take your time.

I’ll wait.

Personally I haven’t seen you advocating banning guns.

But your knowledge on bullet statics sucks. :wink:

lol - I see you learned a new term for yourself. “ball ammo” rotflmao!!

Samm has forgotten more about terminal ballistics than you will ever learn and he’s still miles ahead.

But of course we are talking a 45 v ar15.

So what’s your poison in that case.

Allan

Hogg is not my idol either but he is quite effective in what he does.

My idols when it comes to guns is James Brady and gabby giffords.

Both came off the deck swinging at these nra types.

Allan

Hey man, leave Samm’s failing memory out of this. Not cool dude.

Actions speak louder than words.

Another astounding display of your ignorance. Google it buddy.

Jay Jay specifically referred to 44-calliber bullets in the post I responded to. But to answer your question, the 45 ACP was specifically designed to stop the drugged up Moros in the Philippians who kept on attacking after being shot through with '03 Springfields and Krags. So yes, while still being a “Sophie’s choice,” being shot at close range by the .223 is preferable.

I don’t mind admitting that I have a failing memory; I’m old, it comes with the territory. But I still know far more than you will ever know about guns and ammunition ballistics and impact energy, and unless you get busy and start learning, and I probably will to the day I die.

Do you really not know the term?

Well, sort of. It was designed because then-issued .38 handguns were ineffective. But I take your point. I’d rather take my chances with a .223 than a .45 at close range.

Yes, that too. But even the 30 caliber ball ammunition used in the Springfields and Krags would pass right through the Moros if it didn’t hit a major bone and they would keep coming. What was needed to stop those attacks was “knock down” power, which the .45 ACP provides in spades. Unfortunately, (yes I know, that is a bad word to describe the end of a war) that war was over before the1911s could be issued, but their effectiveness over smaller calibers in close combat has been well proven since.

It would seem that ToT is bound and determined to display his ignorance. :wink: