Bay of Pigs 2 (Venezuela)

It was 50 and they only served in Iraq because they choose to do so with the American unit they were stationed with where deployed.

Wow, FIFTY! :rofl:

1 Like

50 Canadian are worth a 1,000 English or 700 Scottish.

That comes out to one half of a JROTC Cadet in American currency. :rofl:

1 Like

You steal all our good officers via exchange.

Walter Natynczyk (Former head of Canadian Armed Forces) commanded 35,000 Troops in the Iraqi war.

We’re the reason you’re allowed to exist. :wink:

1 Like

That and you still haven’t figured out how to deal with Canadian Geese.

Regardless, there is no need to denigrate Canada. And let’s look at “substantial”. Surely we would not expect a tiny country to send the same number of people as a large country, one must consider population. When you consider the US is 10x versus Canada the 3000 soldiers Canada sent is like 30,000 when scaled up to US proportion. The surge had us at 100,000k so a relative 30k is nothing to sneeze at.

We’ve been to the moon. Enjoy your… food. lol

The Canadian army isn’t designed to be a large force, there exist no point for Canada to have a large army we are not a world power.

post 9/11 our forces has shifted to logistic and training of local armies to combat terrorists, and growing our special operations.

before that the Canadian army exist mostly as a PR peacekeeping force.

Apparently there are two more in Venezuelan custody.

This was a CIA operation through and through. With any luck an example will be made of these clowns. The nation is hopelessly bankrupt, in a second Great Depression, and we still feel the need to act like an imperial power while pointing the finger at others. Just ridiculous.

No it wasn’t.

These were just morons acting on their own.

Not even the CIA could **** something up this bad.

1 Like

26,000 in Korean war…seems pretty sizable.

Yea…They’re smart enough not to start these stupid wars like we do.

whoever compared the Venezuela fiasco to bay of pigs, must have spent too much time out of touch with reality or listened to Bernie Sanders too ■■■■■■■ much. This Venezuela fiasco was destined to fail because of the poor planning and lack of leadership from the start. Real warriors assessed the ■■■■ squad in the beginning and walked away laughing.

Nope this was no bay of pigs. get real…

@WuWei, do not waste your time. Some of the CIA conspiracy enthusiasts have been reading to many fictions action novels and listening to way too much lame stream wheel chair general analysis of reality.

I was not going to put my two cents into this thread but had to clear the air. Anyone want to discuss the art of war it would be nice to hear. But, if one lives in a fantasy world hiding in a safe room, do not bother.

Bro, I know you have been there and have the creds to speak with authority. But it will fall on tone deaf ears of fiction novel enthusiasts.

Let me put in my ear plugs for the primal screams… Go to Nancy’s house, she has a well stocked freezer full of ice cream and will primal scream with the rest of them…

Bay of Pigs, CIA, Hogwash.

1 Like

good lord do you really believe that?

Seriously?

We don’t adjust armed forces based on population. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

It was a token “Me Too Force”.

1 Like