Based on Obama's logic, Hoover ended the Great Depression not Roosevelt

“So, by the time I left office, wages were rising, the uninsured rate was falling, poverty was falling, and that’s what I handed off to the next guy,” Obama said “So, when you hear all this talk about economic miracles right now, remember who started it.”

By Obama’s logic, Herbert Hoover was responsible for the recovery from the Depression, not Roosevelt.
The Dow reached its Depression low on July 8, 1932. By the time Roosevelt took office on March 4, 1933, the Dow was up 47% from the low and it almost double from the low by the next congressional election in 1934.

For actual figures see:

Of course the Dow has been going down since the Democrats won the House in the last election. It must be Trump’s fault. . .

LOL. What was the unemployment rate when Roosevelt took office?

Because in conservatopia 8 months is the same as 8 years.

2 Likes

Before we really get into it, I’d like to thank OP for making this thread.

Merry Christmas to you too.

5 Likes

oops!
:rofl:

I always like threads that use a opinion piece that does not represent the facts as it’s basis.

2 Likes

Actually, after the stock market crash, Hoover had already begun economic reforms of the type that Roosevelt is given credit for.

If the DOW going up since January 20, 2017 is all on Trump as he claims, the DOW going down since then must be all on him as well.

To say otherwise would be political hypocrisy.

1 Like

The excuses are already starting to take shape for next year’s recession.

1 Like

Hypocrisy is Trump supporters’ best quality.

2 Likes

Me too. I mean, who doesn’t like dumb things that are wrong?

3 Likes

Whenever I come across one of these tedious Well, if you just turn the page sideways like this and then squint! arguments here, I always think back to televangelist and Fox newsperson Brit Hume (who often looks like he just stopped a bullet with his teeth) in 2003. Remember when he called US casualties “negligible” and supported the claim using this logic?

“Two hundred seventy-seven U.S. soldiers have now died in Iraq, which means that statistically speaking U.S. soldiers have less of a chance of dying from all causes in Iraq than citizens have of being murdered in California, which is roughly the same geographical size. The most recent statistics indicate California has more than 2,300 homicides each year, which means about 6.6 murders each day. Meanwhile, U.S. troops have been in Iraq for 160 days, which means they’re incurring about 1.7 deaths, including illness and accidents each day.”

Now, I am no mathematician or statistician, but . . .

4 Likes

Oh my god, did he actually write that down on paper? Or was this like an impromptu rant during a show?

That is spot on! I saw that cancer begin to metastasize throughout the Republican party back in August of 2015.

Sadly so.

So this was a hit and runpiece by the O p?

Wait, just the other day people were complaining about the FED’s policy because the economy is starting to dive…

You simply cannot deal with the fact we had a record 10 year recovery that Obama led 8/10 of.

lol - I’m SHOCKED to find that a republican was anti-immigrant and ■■■■■■ up international trade and contributed to our own and the world economy decline with tariffs. :rofl: Go Trump!

From your article Doug. Thank you very much for sharing that buddy! lol - Go Trump!

1 Like

More epic Olympian feats of yoga from the OP. :joy:

Trump had to erased Obama to help the economy, period.

More jobs were created under Obama in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 than under Trump in 2017.

2013: 2.302 million
2014: 2.998 million
2015: 2.713 million
2016: 2.240 million
2017: 2.188 million