Barricades were just put up outside the Manhattan federal courthouse at 500 Pearl Street

:rofl:

Ignorance of the law is not a defense.

Even if that ignorance is due to the incompetent of your attorney.

1 Like

I just wanted to quote this part because it’s amazing.

No, this thread is about Michael Cohen, not me.

Why are you hiring an attorney who doesn’t know the law? Didn’t you vet him? Or are you trying to use their ignorance of the law to shield you from unlawful behavior?

Then we all are ignorance of the law then.

Beside it’s not society responsibility to know every damn ■■■■■■■ law that authoritarians write.

It’s your job…it’s reason why people hire you.

So tell me. Why do you want to exonerate attorneys of their responsibilities?

It is about you…you want to be a attorney do you not?

Average person breaks something like three laws per day…or something to that effect.

No, we’re not all ignorant of the law. Don’t try to spread your ignorance to everyone.

And yes - it is “society’s” responsibility to know and not break the law.

That’s something you made up. Sounds like projection.

But hey. If you don’t want to go to jail for all the crimes you commit on a daily basis, you should probably find a lawyer who knows what they’re doing. If you find your lawyer on Craigslist, that’s on you.

No, it’s not about me.

Do you see the title of this thread? I don’t see my name there.

You seriously posted this.

where is anyone arguing to exonerate an attorney of their responsibilities?

Trump could have hired a knowledgeable attorney at any time, but that’s not what he wanted. He wanted a fixer- a guy who wasn’t afraid to get a little dirty. Hence, he hired the thuggish graduate of the worst law school in the country.

You’re not seriously claiming that lawyers are responsible for the illegal acts of their clients, are you? Boy, that would be handy, especially for a serial criminal like Trump.

He’s just trying to build strawmen to knock down.

Be kind, I’m sure it’s been a hard day in Conan-land.

To be fair, Cooley isn’t the worst in the nation anymore.

Yeah, seems a little JEB!-like low energy. Sad.

“Sweetheart, I hired a 20 dollar hooker - she didn’t know what she was doing so it really wasn’t cheating!”

1 Like

So what good are you Doc?

If it’s the job of society (The People) to know all our laws…what good are attorneys other then waste of our oxygen?

20 dollars?

You must have high standards. :wink: