BACKLASH BUILDS: Top Republican RIPS Ocasio-Cortez’ ‘Ignorant’ Comments About VA Hospitals

Originally published at: BACKLASH BUILDS: Top Republican RIPS Ocasio-Cortez’ ‘Ignorant’ Comments About VA Hospitals | Sean Hannity

The ranking Republican legislator on the Veterans’ Affairs Committee slammed Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’ flippant remarks about VA hospitals this week; saying her comments revealed her total “ignorance” on the issue.

“Apparently ignorance is bliss when it comes to Rep. Ocasio-Cortez and her views of VA,” said Rep. Phil Roe. “It is evident that she paid little attention to the scandalous treatment of veterans that occurred several years ago by some in the very agency created to serve them.”

Rep. Roe’s comments refer to Rep. Ocasio-Cortez’ recent remarks where she claimed the scandal-plagued healthcare network “ain’t broke.”

“All I can think of is that classic refrain that my parents always taught me growing up, is that: ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,’” she told supporters in New York City.

“That is the opening approach we have seen when it comes to privatization, it’s the idea that this thing that isn’t broken, this thing that provides some of the highest quality care to our veterans somehow needs to be fixed, optimized, tinkered with until we don’t even recognize it anymore,” she added.

Read the full report at Fox News.