Back when I was a good conservative

on this forum libs use to praise me for my determination on protecting our privacy rights, specially about metadata and how it can be used against your political enemies.

What happen?

Why the change? Seriously what changed?

Not so long ago, liberal cable hosts made the case that unrestrained domestic surveillance could lead to tyranny. Today, former CIA head John Brennan — who oversaw spying on the legislative branch and lied about it — and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper — who oversaw the largest domestic surveillance program in history and lied about it — are both welcomed on cable television, treated as heroes of the resistance.

Is it because you seen how it benefits yourself in your fight against Trump and republicans in general?

2 Likes

So no one is willing to step forward and tell me what had changed?

So we have no “good” liberal here on this forum?

Article is obnoxious. “Heroes of the resistance” stuff is an instant eye roll.

OP, I am old enough to remember when you used to deride the wealthy coastal elite. Now you support them.

How things have changed.

2 Likes

f759dbca98082becf8f8273928b0c1e0

2 Likes

“Resist!” is cool.

1 Like

Good Lord.

If it’s convenient for them, it’s how you should live. :wink:

1 Like

You made that up.

Which part?

This liberal still wants to protect privacy. What makes you think liberals today don’t?

Not technically illegal. Isn’t that the bar we set after Mueller?

Nope. Its just when nothing illegal by Trump was found, you all decided it was only technically not illegal. Actually, Mueller didn’t find anything Trump had done illegally.
Its like this “impeachment”. Oh, ok, it may be legal to ask another country to get information regarding the Bidens, but if we don’t like it enough it is impeachable.

The question is if it is wrong to ask for an investigation of Biden is it ok to collect people’s phone calls and publish them when no other particular use of those phone calls exists.

Conan?

I think they are taking the day off. Some sort of pagan holiday or something, :wink:

He didn’t ask his DOJ for an investigation. He asked a foreign leader to announce an investigation into a rival politician. You seem to think this isn’t a problem.

It’s just a matter of time before this comes back to bite them.

1 Like

Naah. Mueller asked for information from several foreign countries while investigating Trump (endlessly). I didn’t see anybody outraged then.

4 Likes

How many of them did he ask to make an announcement about it?

Again, that’s nonsense. The announcement was just the start of the investigation, to be sure it would be done. It was making a commitment.