Baby come back, you can blame it all on me

The 2006 bill was authorizing the wall. It was just never fully funded.

Interesting thought. I have to think there are plenty of Republicans within the party looking to marginalize Donald as much as possible (behind the scenes, of course).

Ryan’s gone in 3 days anyhow, and maybe McConnell is just mad that Trump blew off their prenegotiated deal.

He saw the ship sinking, sinking fast. He grabbed his life preserver, hopped in, and let the current take him away into the silence of the night.

2 Likes

There was a comprehensive immigration reform bill in 2006 too.

The bill you’re referring to didn’t authorize a wall. It authorized fencing. It was amended and funded in 2008.

I wish they wouldn’t post this stuff. Now Trump is gonna require a marine out there 24/7.

Your last paragraph nailed it. We will see worse than Donald; we have his supporters to thank for that.

Build it and Mexico will pay.

Coyotes and cartels are also against any border barriers.

We just need to invest.

Compromise? He is demanding $5B for a stupid wall the majority of Americans don’t want to pay for, especially after being promised Mexico would pay for this stupid thing. What is there to compromise on?

DACA and TPS protections. Think Dems will bite?

Didn’t matter who paid for ACA…and THAT does not have a price tag.

Border security is a FUNDAMENTAL function and has a firm sticker price.

Stand your ground President Trump.

1 Like

Some actual negotiating…

Woah, someone on the Republican side recognizes that compromise MUST happen in order to get things done in Washington.

The question ultimately will be, if what Graham is proposing is approved by both House and Senate, will Trump sign it or pout in the corner?

I have a feeling that Trump will take any deal that he can spin as a win for himself. I guess it depends on whether Trump’s handlers will accept it, or whether they convince him that they’ll turn on him like they did a few weeks ago.

I am serious when I say this:

If a bill is going to land on Trump’s desk, that gives him the 5B for the wall, but also has DCDA and TPS protections, will Trump call Limbaugh and Hannity and ask their opinion first?

It really concerns me that Trump relies on radio personalities to form his policy.

2 Likes

Liberals didn’t seem to mind that Obama was getting political advice from Rachael Maddow. I don’t see why this is any different.

I doubt for that proposal. They seem to want a path to permanent legal status for DACA. I’m also not sure President Trump would go for that because his base would be in an uproar. The same reason he reneged on the original plan of $25B for the wall in exchange for DACA citizenship.

A deflection.

An inaccurate comment.

A plea to your favorite politician.

Fascinating. Lol

4 Likes

It’s pretty much all they have left at this point.

1 Like

Exactly. It must be hard still trying to carry water for this clown show.

1 Like