Ayn Rand and a Moral Basis for Being a Sociopath

Just politically? :rofl:

History proves I’m right.

Oh, well I’m glad that’s settled.

Is that difficult for you?

Things change.

“History.”
10histories

I didn’t argue that gas taxes are progressive. I argued that progressive income taxes are not unequal. It was an assertion you brought up. There is nothing unequal about progressive income taxes. Everyone is taxes exactly the same when comparing apples to apples.

Would the standard of living be lower or higher if we did not have as strong of a centgov as we do?

I don’t know when it became such a fad to view the federal government as a source of most things evil.

The onus is on whoever makes the claim that “x” is the real moral path. All claimants have the same burden of proof to discharge.

Little wonder, what with them all being rapist and drug dealers.

1 Like

In Atlas Shrugged John Galt lays down a rule.

“ There is one word that is forbidden in this valley: the word ‘give.’“

Is that a moral statement.

Furthermore acts of Altruism, even if done voluntarily are seen as immoral.

Objectivism’s view of right and wrong are purely transactional. A morality based on lassez-fairs where the highest price wins. Basically flying in the face of centuries of religion and moral philosophy about helping your fellow man and such.

Is that a moral system?

That’s an interesting question.

Sure, insofar as it is a system of principles guiding one’s perspective and actions. Is it a good moral system? Well, that’s the question, isn’t it? And that’s the burden of proof all moral systems must discharge.

Oh, ■■■■■■■■■

Morals are subjective based on the framework in which they are being applied. I agree with IBC, it’s up to the society to define what morals are in line with the aggregate.

Judge which are worthy and which are not? This society? :rofl: Not hardly.

To whom?

What political stances would a sociopath tend to have?

Individualism apparently.

It is what it is. I’m sure sometime in the future, if we haven’t killed ourselves off and answered Fermis Paradox, what different societies deem as moral will be drastically different. Frameworks change, technology introduce changes, ideas change.

1 Like