Ayn Rand and a Moral Basis for Being a Sociopath

Malcolm in the Middle was my Waterloo.

I think this parenthetical remark of yours hits at the heart of why Rand is such a terrible writer.

Plus all of the other reasons.

1 Like

This whole thread seems to be predicated on a misunderstanding.

Like that one episode of Three’s Company.

1 Like

:laughing:

So, it looks like we’ve erased a lot of confusion about what it means to be a sociopath, and as a bonus, we erased some confusion about our progressive tax structure.

And aren’t those the two implicit lessons of every single sitcom we’ve ever seen?

3 Likes

Because you’re having an argument I’m not having. You’re lower looping and I let you bog me down. I’m done with that. You want to argue gas taxes are progressive like income tax, do it with some one else.

I am being civil.

Ok, if you say so.

1 Like

It is immoral to take from someone what they earned and give it to someone else just because the former was successful.

It is immoral to demand the fostering of illegal aliens on the citizen of this country.

It is immoral to force a private sector business owner to associate with people he chooses not to.

Public accommodation laws applied to the private sector.

The scaled tax scheme is an abomination.

Collectivism is an abomination.

You (collective) have created a society of helpless dimwits completely dependent on CENTGOV for EVERYTHING.

Progressivism has become a religious cult worshiping at the alter of The State.

And you (collective) congratulate yourselves on the hive mentality.

I could be wrong… but I find that those who rail against public accommodation laws don’t think that their lives would be affected without them.

We are barely a generation removed from the Green Travel Book and sundown towns.

You’re wrong.

And surely you understand that some of us who disagree with you politically find every sentiment expressed in your post to be immoral.

What if you’re wrong?

Just politically? :rofl:

History proves I’m right.

Oh, well I’m glad that’s settled.

Is that difficult for you?

Things change.

“History.”
10histories

I didn’t argue that gas taxes are progressive. I argued that progressive income taxes are not unequal. It was an assertion you brought up. There is nothing unequal about progressive income taxes. Everyone is taxes exactly the same when comparing apples to apples.

Would the standard of living be lower or higher if we did not have as strong of a centgov as we do?

I don’t know when it became such a fad to view the federal government as a source of most things evil.

The onus is on whoever makes the claim that “x” is the real moral path. All claimants have the same burden of proof to discharge.