Australia: Unionized construction workers take on union leaders and the Labor government

What restrictions? And these are lightened up from what they used to be. The list of restrictions are absurd. Absolutely no chance I would live somewhere like that.

Victoria Covid restrictions: Melbourne lockdown, curfew and regional Vic coronavirus rules explained | Victoria | The Guardian

I live in Western Australia. We are not in lockdown and haven’t been for months.

Where you live is irrelevant. You challenged someone that brought up excessive restrictions. I’m pointing them out.

So the rest of Australia doesn’t exist because you don’t live there?

Victoria does not make up the rest of Australia.

Which brings us to the “excessive restrictions” claim that I believe is fallacious. In fact, in my opinion it is just hyperbolic nonsense.

Really going to sit here and try to claim there are no excessive restrictions in Australia with that lame ploy?

:joy:

Talk about ignoring reality.

What do you do for an income? How have government policies on Covid affected your ability put food on the table?

See post 26.

Yep, going to ignore reality.

What are you talking about? Did the link I provided not work for you?

The link worked.

By rule the moment you walk out of your house you must wear a mask. No visitors at your house. A limit to how far you can travel. A limit to how long you can be out, doubled from two hours to four hours. Can’t be out after 9pm until 5am.

You don’t consider this excessive? Or is it just relative? Similar to someone saying killing a rabbit with a bazooka is not overkill.

The electors of Victoria will be able to vote at their state election on the 26/11/2022. I believe that the Victorian government will be returned.

Again, irrelevant. I was simply pointing out excessive restrictions. I wasn’t claiming that the people didn’t like them. Those are two totally different subjects.

There’s only one Australian dutifully defending her government’s stupidity.

All the normal ones are on social media sharing how disgusting and out of control their CCP-extension government has become.

“We’re gonna protect the ■■■■ out of you!”

:rofl:

2 Likes

The claim that they are excessive is in dispute. It will be up to Victorians to decide when they go to their election next year whether the restrictions were excessive or not.

Which government is referred to in the post?

They are excessive regardless of how Victorians vote. People all over the world do things, even prefer things in excess. Victorians will be voting on whether or not they prefer excessive restrictions.

Some may opine they are excessive restrictions but that doesn’t make them excessive per se. Whether they were considered excessive will be decided by Victorians when they vote at the state election.