Atlanta shooter kills 8..."Taken into custody without incedent"

The question wasn’t about fearful…it was about being easier.

Arson is much easier.

You don’t even need to look at your victims.

I said for mass casualty, not easy to pull that off with a gun either. Take the Vegas shooter, it was amazing he wasn’t caught given all the material he had to shuttle up to his hotel room.

1 Like

It was done in the Boston marathon.

1 Like

And it isn’t remotely hard to make a bomb, propane tank, can buy them anywhere. And that isn’t counting ones that can be made from common chemicals. But I guess some people think you have to be a genius to use the internet.

2 Likes

I guess thats why most murders are done with explosives…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

On arson and fire fatalities…

The 2,200 figure is perhaps the most relevant of all gun statistics in the gun control debate given that the gun control laws are specifically targeted to this segment. If the government were interested in stopping gangs - and as a result also stopping the major contributor of gun violence - the gun laws would be more targeted. Yet most gun control legislation would do little-to-nothing to slow the growing gang problem. Most of the gun laws are aimed at a segment of the population that is mostly law-abiding and outside of the gang culture and would likely do little to stop any of the violence.

While the risk of dying in a fire is almost twice as likely as being murdered with a firearm.

https://www.usfa.fema.gov/data/statistics/fire_death_rates.html

Just for perspective…not to derail.

Most murders aren’t premeditated. Fact remains, explosives and arson are more effective for mass casualties than guns.

No clue. Anyone can be a policy influencer.

Okay let’s stop right there.

Well, it’s not. Red necks all over the country play with pipe bombs.

Yes much easier than picking up a gun and shooting into a crowd.

I do have to congratulate you guys on maybe the single dumbest defense of guns on this forum ever.

2 Likes

Shannon removed. This guy should be removed from the investigation.

It is easier, if the goal is mass casualty.

A lot of gun legislation is bad and more importantly unconstitutional.

It’s not easier to build a bomb. That’s just silly

No it really isn’t. Mass casually is more than how many?

Oh let’s say above 20. How many lone gunmen pull that off as opposed to bombers or arsonists?

The biggest defense for guns is they are a tool who have never killed anyone on their own. Now, how many people own guns and what percentage of them have used those guns to kill another human being. Answer, miniscule.

How long did it take them to build them?

They didn’t do it without instructions

Point… shoot … don’t forget the safety

Not sarcasm - gun legislation is still bad. The concentration should be on him not on his weapon of choice.

Instructions are not hard to find.