At what income maximum should a person stop working to avoid Democrats taxes?

The dirty little secret is that they are coming for everyone. Not just the rich. The rich cannot possibly pay for the 6 trillion dollar spending spree. Give it time.

3 Likes

This is silly.

The 10 trillion dollar democrat spending in 120 days is silly. Astoundingly so.

You really don’t understand how this works. It’s 43% of the amount in excess of $400,000, not on the whole amount if it’s over 400k. My calculation is 100% correct. Sorry, but that’s ;s just the way it is.

You don’t offer a 12 month builder’s warranty? Are you building new, or renovating existing?

That’s what it’s ultimately about, right? People have to make the decision of, is it worth it?

Even with weekly paychecks for people making under 100k a year. Even when they know they’ll be getting much of it back at the end of the year. People still refuse overtime when it gets to a certain point because it never shows up in their check.

If I remember correctly the number was 1,400 after taxes. Once you got there, it seemed a lot more difficult to raise that number. So people would calculate the amount of OT that gets them to clear around 1,400, then stop.

1 Like

I don’t have probelm with higher taxes for certain people/corporations. But I have big problem with taxes being used on wasteful things. As long as taxes are being used to improve the country and lives of citizen, great!

Well, it shows up in their check, just at decreasing increments as they move into a new tax bracket.

This makes no sense. You’re always getting more money if you work more. There’s no ceiling where you stop. And because of how tax brackets work, that higher rate only applies to income above the bracket cut off.

A 2.9% increase on $400K and up. So if you make $600K, that an additional $5800.

Is good yes comrade?

1 Like

I don’t know how many conservatives I have had to educate on the math of marginal tax brackets. I think they get their understanding from talk radio which commonly imagines reduced net as you earn more due to those dastardly Democrat tax brackets!

Wait, so I’ll only get to keep $194,200 out of the $200,000 additional I make??!

Hold my hat, I need to go get some teabags and a sewing kit.

2 Likes

This has been a very funny thread

I know how tax brackets work, on that I don’t need a lesson. I never said their was a ceiling, just a point where you’re working more and seeing less in your paycheck.

For example, you’ll see a nice increase in net pay for the first 16 hours OT. Between 16-32 not nearly as much. Of course this all depends on how much you’re making. If you’re plowing snow where I worked you’re making 50 bucks an hour. You can be there 24/7 for 2-5 days straight. All I said was, once you get to the point where you have already made around 1,400 net pay, increasing that takes a lot more work than it did to get there. You have to work like a madman just to get it to 1,600.

Is there something unique about OT pay vs just getting a raise? I’ve never heard of anyone refusing a promotion that comes with more responsibilities because its not worth the effort for the additional money. How would anyone become rich and everyone is bowing out after 100k a year? Do people only accept higher paying jobs as long as the work effort remains the same or is less than their previous job?

No warranty, as is

Got it. New ground up construction or renovation?

Yes. There is something. I wouldn’t call it unique however. Overtime requires you to put in more time. At least where I’ve worked all of my life, a raise doesn’t. I don’t work just because they’re paying me more. I have to feel it’s worth it. As far as the bold is concerned, yes, some people do. I can be a supervisor at my job anytime I want. I’m at the top of the promotion list. Been there since 2011. I’m always asked first. It pays 10k a year more to start than my current job. The reason I’ve refused every time I’ve been asked has nothing to do with taxes. More to do with the job itself.

You’re a wise man not to chase the money.

I don’t know if it makes me wise. But I’m a lot happier.