Associate Justice Stephen Breyer will retire from the Supreme Court at noon, Thursday, June 30th

The above link is Justice Breyer’s official letter to President Biden stating that he will retire at noon, Thursday, June 30th from the Supreme Court, two hours after the final decisions of the October 2021 Term are released.

Ketanji Brown Jackson is expected to be sworn in shortly thereafter.

1 Like

3-1, Tweet Meanie

Wonder who it’s going to be. Hoping for a moderate who follows the Constitution.

For a friend.

1 Like

These days a “moderate” is what was called a leftwinger in the past.

Be a lot more meaningful if he had not be publicly forced out by Brandon.

And then sicko woman take over…

Yeah, so that didn’t happen.

2 Likes

The sad part is I’m sure he could tell a man from a woman, and now we will get another kook who can’t judge the difference between men and women.

1 Like

that’s “progress” acc to the left

No flying cars, haven’t colonized Mars, and now folks can’t tell you what a woman is … instead of the Jetsons we’ve got a Monty Python comedy skit.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/media/live.aspx

Chief Justice Roberts will administer the Constitutional Oath to Judge Jackson and Retired Justice Breyer will administer the Judicial Oath.

Starting the ceremony now.

And she is now officially Justice Jackson.

Of course it did. Anything imagined is true therefore it happened.

2 Likes

Stop that!:wink:

2 Likes

Hey not my fault so many posts are written by the lion the witch or the wardrobe
:grin:

Ok. I promise i am done now

1 Like

Congratulations to her. Quite historic.

Hopefully a majority of Republicans to block any other left wing Biden appointee to the SC. But far from guaranteed.

Can you name any other time a new Justice was approved in congress before the justice they are replacing left?

2 Likes

It was almost like giving the special needs player a free throw just before the final buzzer.