Donald Trump promised us so much winning, America would grow tired of it. So what do we see this morning?
- A sharp drop in monthly employment figures
- Record federal budget deficit
- Record international trade deficit
- Annual GDP growth below 3% again
- Stock Market flat for more than a year
- Coal fired power plants closing at a faster rate than they did during the Obama Presidency
- Massive tax cuts for the wealthy failing to produce the promised increases in corporate investment and employee wages
- Average tax refund down 18%
- Illegal immigration surging
- Kim Jung Un maintaining his nuclear development efforts despite significant unilateral American concessions
- World leaders sit on their hands when the US Secretary of State calls on them to support American policy towards Iran
- No meaningful policy to address opioid use, fifteen months after Jared Kushner was made responsible to address this
- Significant increases in hate and bias crimes since November, 2016
If this is winning, what would losing look like?