Are you in favor of date for 1st Presidential debate being moved up?

…So they will probably wait until they can view the debates to vote.

After seeing the responses about the axios interview, I don’t think the debates will change anybody’s opinion much. Move 'em, don’t move 'em, meh.

1 Like

I don’t know that and unless you can show otherwise, you don’t know that.

The responses depend upon where you look. :woman_shrugging:

They have the freedom to do so. Moving the debates around has no impact on when anyone is obligated to vote.

Could be either side or both. Very easy to demand something one knows has no chance of happening.

The voting public will ultimately decide if Trump or Biden screws up just the same.

I don’t catch your drift.

I never claimed it had an impact on when anyone is obligated to vote.

A majority of people aren’t swayed by debates.

Do away with the debates. Biden should just no-show and be done with it. Let the President stew in his own juices.

3 Likes

This is where I am on this issue as well. If people feel like they need to see the debate before making up their mind, then they have that choice. Freedom of choice is cool. If others want to cast their votes based on what they already know, and don’t feel they need to see a debate before making their decision, then they have that choice as well. Hooray for freedom!

3 Likes

I’d like to see him try.

He and his wife have already committed to his being there.

Yeah. Unlike the President.

1 Like

Same here. Early voting is great for people like me who research the candidates thoroughly months in advance and know who they are voting for long before election day. For those who don’t, they can always wait to see debates or other things they need to do to help make up their minds

1 Like

Move them or don’t move them…no skin off my nose…but the expressed logic behind why to move them is tenuous at best.

Yes you can vote as early as early September.

But so what? If you think the debates will change your mind, wait until the debates and then vote.

2 Likes

Trump is desperate. That’s the only reason. He hasn’t even committed to the existing schedule.

I say blow him off.

Exactly. And let’s be honest, in this election especially, there is not some large undecided voting contingent out there. Sides have already been taken. Lines drawn. Trump has sucked all of the oxygen out of the room and people are either on his side, or in opposition to him. Very little middle ground here. But for the fractional minority of people who may exist that are not sure, they have the freedom to watch the debates before casting their votes. Moving the dates have no bearing on any of this.

5 Likes

True. But there is always a group of independents who are on the fence. The last few general elections were won by the independent vote.

1 Like

2020 the year of the August surprise.

1 Like