Are you happy to know you will die?

When I was 20, I weighed 117 lbs from about 18 months of malnutrition. There was a good while in there where I wouldn’t be able to eat for days at a time before payday. Coincidentally, that was the first time in my life I can remember my perspective changing, but I always figured it was because I was homeless.

What you just said about the pineal gland made me remember the beginning of that change taking place. :thinking: All cards on the table, I have a tendency to consume a ridiculous amount of cannabis (legally), and I partake in “meditation” of the serotonin receptors every couple of weeks to a month on average. When I get past this stage, I look forward to comparing it with more traditional forms of meditation.

I do find it interesting that when I discuss spirituality with you, you tend to mention that my views reflect certain Gnostic principles. Likewise, when I speak to people with a Buddhist persuasion, they say the same.

I find it interesting because I’ve never once read a Gnostic or Buddhist text, but I’m relieved to learn that I am not alone in this line of thought.

Drugs of various types have been used and some, I think, do help the mind focus and relax and might help.

Unfortunately, most who have claimed enlightenment did not really have much to report in terms of telling me just what kind of enlightenment it was. It seems that the great teacher, their Father Complex as Jung and Freud called it, did not tell them much that they could remember.

Regards
DL

The molecules strike me as a short cut with short scenes to get a basic understanding. It seems more like training wheels than enlightenment.

My estimates for our side and brand of thinking, when all the liars are taken out of the equation, puts us in the majority.

In Finland, as one example, 94% of the population claim to be Christians, while only 5% ever go to a church even once a year.

How many would you say are true Christians and believers.

I would say a really small %

Regards
DL

1 Like

I see it now as my having training wheels before apotheosis. Not after.

Regards
DL

I know my God.

?? You think 1st Law proves the afterlife? Death doesn’t violate 1st Law. Every animal, every insect has the spark of life. Are you arguing every one goes to an afterlife? Every ant transcends on death?

1 Like

Then what is there to be afraid of? If our consciousness dies, and our memories with it, we won’t remember any of this after we die anyway.

Why does there have to be an afterlife? Isn’t one life good enough?

1 Like

Highly doubtful there is an afterlife.

1 Like

I agree. I think the whole idea of an afterlife was created by the Church to keep the peasants in line.

1 Like

I think mankind yearns for a higher being and an afterlife. Providing that does provide power.

2 Likes

Tell us of your apotheosis and how you forced it.

Regards
DL

There is nothing to be afraid of, unless you happen to be a believer as then you would have to remember that god roasts most of us in hell while only a few get into heaven.

Believers should be very afraid of their god who would rather torture them without purpose instead of curing them.

Regards
DL

Yep. The old carrot and stick mentality that the childish still respond to.

Regards
DL

Power is why the most insecure of us, believers, worship a genocidal god.

They do not want a good god. They want protection and will follow Satan if they think her more powerful than Yahweh.

That may be why the bible shows god in a more immoral light than Satan.

Regards
DL

1 Like

I will never reach divine status and I’m a long way off from the culmination of my spiritual journey. Neither of which is required to know God.

All clergy say you cannot know god without theosis or apotheosis but have it your way.

You are basically telling me you lied since you did not give any other explanation.

Regards
DL

No. I simply responded to a question that assumed one has to force apotheosis to know God.