Are you happy to know you will die?

Not just Christians. All the religious.

I do not think I would ever kill my mind by belief in the supernatural and lying clergy that have convinced Christians that a genocidal son murdering god can somehow be a good god.

You might live longer but you will die with your brain in moral dissonance.

Your choice. Do you wish to live a lie or not?

Regards
DL

No. Although as a Gnostic Christian whose forefathers were subjected to your many murderous inquisitions, I wonder how you feel supporting the murderers POV.

Care to try to justify your many inquisitions including the lower level one your religion continues against gays and women with your homophobic and misogynous teachings?

Regards
DL

In a sense, you are correct. It is just grammar showing a process.

Regards
DL

1 Like

Sure, but our consciousness, when not held together by our minds, cannot be said to exist as it cannot as far as science can ascertain, without that living brain.

Regards
DL

Even if you would be able to choose when to die, my experience with the elderly says that boredom hits the old and they would not weant to live much longer than we do.

Fact is, even now, the suicide for kids is skyrocketing to the point where sages estimate that in 50 years 50% of all deaths will be suicide. Even social scientists are beginning to warn us that we had better change our ways.

Regards
DL

I am a stranger to that fear. I am not in a hurry to die but have no fear of, basically, a state like sleep where I am oblivious to life.

Regards
DL

I will treat yours as an open question. As a Gnostic Christian, I will answer by showing the name of my god and why I took it.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god “I am”, and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name “I Am” you might see as meaning something like, — I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

Your teachers likely classed you as a Karaite Jews. They, like you seem to, put man above god, where we belong, given that we invented all the gods.

Regards
DL

I’m glad you’re well. I’m saving these clips (big fan of Alan Watts here) for tonight’s playlist. Have to get the kids in bed and water the garden first. Hope to see you around for further discussion tonight, but if not, take care.

1 Like

I agree but wonder what your complaint really is when every marker for evil that I track, other than in the U.S., are at the best levels that we have ever enjoyed, per capita.

Listen to an atheist explain. How we are so good that scientist are having a hard time dithering out why. That is the short link.

The other will cost you an hour if you are interested and the stats I spoke of are almost at the end if you want to just head for the last few minutes.

Regards
DL

??

Why? Those are not genocidal son murdering god.

They are saintly compared to that satanic Yahweh.

Regards
DL

I took a small holiday but am pleased to be back at it a bit.

I would have been here a few days ago but the notification thing did not work.

Regards
DL

A very difficult concept for me to wrestle with, being one-in-the-same with God. I certainly feel the divine spark, but I hesitate to hold myself up quite so high, because if I am God, this is all my fault, and I’ve had the nerve to complain about my own creation.

I lean more towards God is me, though I am not Him, because at best I exist in an imperfect form with an imperfect mind, so further I persist in learning to understand.

If it’s a true understanding, it isn’t conceptual. Meaning you don’t go to your mind to determine that you and God are one; there is a different kind of intelligence at work here. Best I can put it is it’s an innate knowing.

Most people, unfortunately, only ever touch on concepts and ideas; that’s why so many people feel so insecure. They “know” but the only thing they know are ideas and concepts from what they’ve memorized or read in a book, which is really not true knowledge at all.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned though, the places I go to in my mind lead to places that are not in my mind at all. I also believe that consciousness is received like a wave function rather than generated by biochemical reactions.

Introspection is the Message I get when I read the Bible, and the revelations as a result are quite possibly the best thing to ever dawn on me, so I must constantly remind myself that the only reason I am not better is because I still want to be.

Oh good, then you see that you never actually have to wrestle with the concept that you and God are one - because a concept is just a concept, i.e. not that important. Once you see the truth though, you know, even if it’s just a glimpse.

Fair enough, but I’ve already seen the truth. Turns out, that was the easy part. Understanding it and applying it to my life is a daily challenge worth living over.

1 Like

Buddy, you cannot possibly be as bad a dude as the genocidal son murderer that Christians worship.

I do get your point though. When I talk of my apotheosis, I always tell my interlocutors to take the divinity out of the definition as that is a label that can only be given to one. It cannot be just taken on.

The point of Gnostic Christianity is to become the best you can be by your own efforts and not expect some lying clergy to help save you, for a price.

Regards
DL

Nicely put.

Knowledge is good but self knowledge is better. This link speaks of Gnosis.

Gnostic Christianity, like Jesus, promote meditation and fasting. Without that work, few if any will activate their pineal gland and access their full brains.

In this sense, we are almost the same as Buddhism.

Regards
DL

That is a Gnostic Christian staple as well. Even after my own apotheosis, I recognized that I was on a step of Jacob’s ladders, but could not tell which step I had climbed to. Further study showed that that being perpetual seekers after god, as defined as the best rules and laws to live by, was the Gnostic way. We are to perpetually keep raising the bar of excellence for god/rules and laws otherwise we might end like Christians who were following the rules and laws of a genocidal son murderer. We do not wish that on anyone. Especially Christians.

Regards
DL