Are you happy to know you will die?

If you’re talking to me . . . nothing. What do others envision?

Hey, listen. I grew up in a religion. I had a Bar Mitzvah. I lived in a midwestern city that had an over-abundance of Jews for its size. Never believed any of it and my Sunday School teachers were cool with that.

1 Like

Can’t speak for others, but I did grow up with the silly idea that God looks like a bearded man. That kind of thinking really sells short the concept of divinity.

1 Like

Yeah, well, maybe that was my idea at one time. But why does god have a beard? I have no concept, however, of divinity. If god created man (and everything else), he should have stuck with dogs. Dogs are better people than people.

1 Like

What have people done for other people? Or for that matter for the world? Is the state of the earth better or worse for the existence of humans? The greatest mistake of the human race was the “invention” of agriculture. There’s a lot of evidence for that. But it doesn’t matter. Evolution takes its own track.

People sometimes think that God looks like a human because we are “made in His image” and the meaning of that has been lost to mythology.

The image bit has more to do with the irrational proportions that measure the quantum world below, the relativistic world above, and us in the middle of it all (as above, so below).

The measurement is 1.618, or phi Φ

There are many gods. Some of them might look like the sun or the moon. Or a rock or a piece of grass. Quantum god, why not? We made god in our image, or so I gather from modern religion.

We make a lot of things in our image, but the beautiful thing about the Constants (measurements), is that they were there at the beginning, and they are the same no matter which numbers we use to interpret them by.

You’ve got a point there.

Santa Claus, unicorns, and vampires.

Morgan Freeman

2 Likes

Got to hand it to you for a vivid imagination. I’m kind of with 6foot. Constants of nature are supplied by nature itself. Or did the bearded dude create spacetime? No, humans discovered spacetime. That’s a great thing, but we also discovered how to pollute the earth. That’s a bad thing.

Personifying existence will always leave one found wanting for existential answers, which is why although I believe in God, I cannot participate in organized religion.

With the Constants being the way they are, I see no reason to separate the meanings of “Universe”, “Existence”, or “God” from each other. I see them as one-in-the-same.

Sounds like a reasoned perspective.

1 Like

What makes you think Jesus would break the laws he said he came to fulfil?

The Jewish law clearly states that we are responsible for our own actions, and here you are trying to use Jesus as your scapegoat.

Is abdication responsibility what you teach your children?

Regards
DL

That being the case, we have no argument.

Regards
DL

You know this as a fact, how?

7th hear say or do you know your god?

Regards
DL

Literalists.

Do you also believe in talking serpents and donkeys?

Regards
DL

If you are talking physics, I agree. The conservation of energy.

If you are saying your consciousness will never truly die, do you really think you would like to live for 5476400000000000000000000000 years +?

Regards
DL

That and a wish list, although few seem to want to live forever.

Regards
DL