Are you happy to know you will die?

Death or the fact that we die seems to be good news to Christians.

It is said that Adam’s sin brought death to earth and that the wages of sin is death.

Christians also sing that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan.

This indicates that part of god’s plan and desire is that all people should die. God’s plan cannot be derailed., if god is real.

Do you think god’s plan working? If it is working as god wishes, which must be so if there is a powerful god, and if death is good for us, does the thought of dying make you happy?

If the notion of death makes you unhappy, then why sing of sin, — and by inference, death, — as being a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan?

Another issue on the death, specifically the death of Jesus springs to mind.

If Jesus was not a sinner, how could he have died?

Regards

DL

He paid the wages for all.

I’m not really sure what ya talking about?

The Democrat Party in general is all about Science over God anyways.

And in Science Death is a natural part of life. lmao!!!

Its only my meat sack that will die, the rest of me is eternal.

1 Like

Doubtful there is anything else. Pretty much just meat and electricity.

1 Like

We won’t all die.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Like

Death is merely a form of transition. Nothing truly dies.

1 Like

Not happy nor unhappy, death is a fact. What happens after is purely conjecture.

Allan

1 Like

It is conjecture to you. But not the faithful. Sometimes the non faithful are too quick to “correct” them. I’m not sure why they feel compelled to do this. I am a Christian and my faith wavers all of the time. I ask too many questions. But most studies say that Christians on average lead happier and better lives. So over all it’s a good thing. (I’m not searching for a link.)

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s tee’d at God…

For all we know, death is simply the end of the birthing process.

Or the beginning of a new one. What do plants eat? Where does oil come from? Two questions that have already been answered by science.

The law of conservation of energy is a law of science that states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but only changed from one form into another or transferred from one object to another.

If we are made of energy and not flesh, we cannot be created or destroyed either. Our bodies can, but we cannot. All religions agree that we are not flesh, blood, and bone, but rather spirit. In other words, energy.

1 Like

Neither happy or unhappy.

1 Like

The Universe/Reality/God has long since acknowledged my Existence, which means I will never truly die.

Death and Taxes

“How you gonna move time, when ya standing in it, ya dummy?!”

1 Like

Go back to science class.

2 Likes

Will we die though? Absolutely some of us will but science is rapidly reaching a point where they will be able to halt and even reverse aging. And they are reaching a point where they’ll be able to 3D print organs built from our own DNA so there is zero chance of rejection. And every day medical science improves in stopping diseases, many of which like cancer are rarer in younger people so as aging is halted you’ll see cancer rates plummet.

Accidents will still happen and maybe a meteor or some or other cataclysmic event comes that wipes out humanity but there are people alive right now who barring one or the other of these things have a chance to live forever.

I’m not happy to know that I will die. And that is one of the foundations of existential psychology. Since I don’t believe in god, I cannot say that my faith consoles me (or guides me, or whatever). I’m just going to die and I hope it is not painful and I hope I’ve taken care of my loved ones. But stuff happens. One of the best books I’ve read on the nature of death . . . the fear of death . . . is by the great psychologist Irvin Yalom. It is in part his own struggle with the fear of death. I highly recommend “Staring at the Sun.”

1 Like

What do you envision when you think of the word, “God”?