Are we headed towards a train wreck in oil supplies?

I am not a fan of sanctions. Expensive oil enriches some of the most vile Russians. Decimating the Russian economy hurts all Russians many of whom do not support Russia invading Ukraine. If you want to hurt the monied Russians you want oil as cheap as possible.

1 Like

Who is “most”? You? Pretty much everyone agrees China doesn’t have the capability to invade Taiwan at the moment. But they’re working on it.

I think it is bouncing back and forth. Maybe we are, I don’t know.

Whatever floats your boat dude. https://www.usnews.com/news/world-report/articles/2021-11-17/chinese-military-at-or-near-ability-to-invade-taiwan-us-agency-concludes

“Chinese Military At or Near Ability to Invade Taiwan, U.S. Agency Concludes”

The startling conclusion from the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission comes at a particularly fraught time for security in and around Taiwan.

By Paul D. Shinkman Senior Writer, National Security • Nov. 17, 2021, at 2:20 p.m.

The Chinese military has now or will soon have the ability to invade Taiwan, a U.S. government agency has concluded, documenting also failed attempts by China and the U.S. to better understand one another’s intentions.

The People’s Liberation Army, China’s name for its military, is capable of landing at least 25,000 troops on the island nation to establish an initial beachhead, according to the newly released annual report from the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission, a congressionally appointed agency designed to provide specific and nonpartisan national security and economic advice to Congress and the president.”

Stopping oil trade doesn’t just affect rich Russians. A very very very very significant portion of their economy is based in export of oil and natural gas

That’s my point. I don’t want to stop it I want it to be cheap. Stopping it hurts a lot of poor Russians who a lot of them do not want Russia invading Ukraine. However, if you are a poor Russian barely getting by who is currently hurting you? Putin or American lead sanctions??

1 Like

Dems will win the popular vote once again in 2024. Sorry the coastal elites outnumber flyover country by a wide margin.

Allan

Lol you will have to wait anther 2 years 250 days until Election Day 2024.

It will be here before you know it.

I know the countdown from the days to oust trump in 2020.

Worked out well for me, maybe you’ll get lucky like me.

Allan

The Brandon admin is funding Putin’s war with high oil prices. The Brandon admin signaled they would only have soft sanctions, if Putin Invaded Ukraine, not a war. The Brandon admin cut off much of our capacity to produce oil causing higher oil prices. The Brandon admin needed a subject change for the midterms.

Are they stupid or in the tank for Putin’s war? Probably both…

Your unqualified opinion is noted.

You’re replying to the wrong person. I didn’t say “Not enough.” But I will say that you said you wanted us to go back to being a net exporter at a minimum. Well as of December 2021 we are. Were you not aware of that? And unless something has changed we were already at your bare minimum. So good job Biden?

Where are the US refineries?

2 Likes

:rofl::+1:t4:

General Custer famous last words. :wink:

2 Likes

I didn’t reply to you. :person_shrugging:

Your chart shows a blip. The same Energy Information Administration (EIA) where you got your chart says:

“The U.S. will continue to import more crude than it exports this year, with net imports expected at an annual average of 3.9 million bpd. If EIA forecasts of a record-high annual U.S. crude oil production of 12.6 million bpd in 2023 pan out, the U.S. net crude imports would drop to 3.4 million bpd next year, the administration said.”

So we were a net exporter in 2021. And they’re projecting we’ll be a net importer in 2022. It’s March so we don’t know that to be true. But for 2021 we were a net exporter for the second year in a row. We’ll see how 2022 goes. Thank you president Biden.

And just an FYI, your “unqualified opinion” post was literally resplying to me. That’s what that little green A in the top right of the post is.

I was getting ready to post this same thing.

Here’s what I keep thinking about…

Sometime around January 20, 2021 (Inauguration Day) alot of things changed in this country. Under Trump we became a net energy exporter in 2019…

Now our energy decisions are being made by the green new deal nuts…it’s reflecting in what everyday consumers are paying in America. My local gas station added another 10 cents a gallon this morning, $3.59 a gallon. Can’t wait to see what it’s going to cost to fuel up my rental car in a couple of weeks in Oregon.

It’s time for America to unleash it’s energy resources, all of them. Enough with the lectures from Peppermint Patty from the press room podium about “We need to transition to electric cars”.

Gas/Diesel/Nuclear/Solar/Wind…All of it.

In the months after Dec 7, 1941 if I remember my history right this country mobilized for the good of this nation and for the good of humanity…It’s about time we do it again isn’t it? That would of course require exceptional leadership from the top which we don’t have because our president is a senile old man who screws up everything he touches and is beholding to the radical green new deal left…

I’ve heard smart analysts describe Russia as a gas station with an army. Maybe it’s time America realizes it’s energy potential and cuts Putin’s gas pump.

1 Like

No. He can definitely be impeached.

Well, I don’t hire rigs but I know people that do.

But I’m basing my opinion on recent history. We have not seen an uptick in the rate of rig additions even though prices have been high for a while. I would have thought we would but we are not.

Cool nit.

You stick with that. Gotta defend JoeMentia, He’s your guy!!

Can’t help if the board software ■■■■■ up. I quoted what I replied to. I’m sure you can see that.

But again … nice nit. Desperate times demand desperate nits.