Are we headed towards a train wreck in oil supplies?

Don’t need to incentivize. $110/bbl (and rising) is incentive enough.

Reverse Brandon’s executive orders that decommissioned rigs, and moved various areas off-limits, and suspended oil leases, etc. For starters. Rather than shutting off taps, we should be turning on every tap we can.

We were a net exporter by the end of Trump’s term. Return to that, at a minimum.

It doesn’t have to be an either-or proposition.

Crank up more wells now. Increase fossil fuel extraction while the nuke plants are getting built.

Well according to this chart we were a net exporter as of December 2021. Has that changed since December? I honestly don’t know. Or is it already mission accomplished way to go Biden!

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mttntus2&f=m

Thus enriching Russia for their war. Oil now is what? 114 dollars per barrel?

Yes they indeed are. What happens to the Russian economy if everyone else stops? What does Putin do then?

100% agree.

I m no expert don’t claim to be…

But something drastically changed in this country in or about January 20, 2021…

Now we’ve got Russians invading Ukraine and Chinese threatening Taiwan…

America is paying for that Russian invasion.

Releasing 3 days worth of oil from the strategic oil reserves isn’t a solution it’s a joke. Where is the outreach from this administration to create energy independence, the gathering of energy company execs to put them front and center to create the national movement to American energy independence, to make this country a net exporter?

Where is the recognition that all of the above, fossil fuels, renewables, nuclear, all play a roll in building an energy stable America that can sell to our friends and get out of bed with our enemies.

I despise Biden and his inept incompetent presidency…but if he would make that speech and mean it today I’d be his biggest fan.

For the record, China threatened Taiwan constantly during the Trump administration. There is no change there. Russia has invaded Ukraine, and that is new, and now it’s paying the price for it because it thought the west would fold. They’re more united now than they’ve been in decades.

Not enough. The rate of drilling rigs hires has not increased. Not yet at least but current price may change that.

Southern CA rigs won’t add much production.

What areas were moved off limits?

As rig count rises we will get back there eventually. Trump didn’t create the “net exporter” and neither will Biden.

As rig count rises we will get back there eventually. Trump didn’t create the “net exporter” and neither will Biden.
[/quote]

Are we not a net exporter currently? Unless something has changed since December we are.

We didn’t all expect it to actually happen during the Trump administration. Libs made a big deal out of “he’ll start WWIII”, right up until he didn’t. Now we are closer to WWIII than ever…Now it seems most see China invading Taiwan as a foregone conclusion…when America is strong this ■■■■ doesn’t happen.

Trump wasn’t the feckless incompetent weakling we have now pretending to be the president.

2 Likes

I am not a fan of sanctions. Expensive oil enriches some of the most vile Russians. Decimating the Russian economy hurts all Russians many of whom do not support Russia invading Ukraine. If you want to hurt the monied Russians you want oil as cheap as possible.

1 Like

Who is “most”? You? Pretty much everyone agrees China doesn’t have the capability to invade Taiwan at the moment. But they’re working on it.

I think it is bouncing back and forth. Maybe we are, I don’t know.

Whatever floats your boat dude. https://www.usnews.com/news/world-report/articles/2021-11-17/chinese-military-at-or-near-ability-to-invade-taiwan-us-agency-concludes

“Chinese Military At or Near Ability to Invade Taiwan, U.S. Agency Concludes”

The startling conclusion from the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission comes at a particularly fraught time for security in and around Taiwan.

By Paul D. Shinkman Senior Writer, National Security • Nov. 17, 2021, at 2:20 p.m.

The Chinese military has now or will soon have the ability to invade Taiwan, a U.S. government agency has concluded, documenting also failed attempts by China and the U.S. to better understand one another’s intentions.

The People’s Liberation Army, China’s name for its military, is capable of landing at least 25,000 troops on the island nation to establish an initial beachhead, according to the newly released annual report from the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission, a congressionally appointed agency designed to provide specific and nonpartisan national security and economic advice to Congress and the president.”

Stopping oil trade doesn’t just affect rich Russians. A very very very very significant portion of their economy is based in export of oil and natural gas

That’s my point. I don’t want to stop it I want it to be cheap. Stopping it hurts a lot of poor Russians who a lot of them do not want Russia invading Ukraine. However, if you are a poor Russian barely getting by who is currently hurting you? Putin or American lead sanctions??

1 Like

Dems will win the popular vote once again in 2024. Sorry the coastal elites outnumber flyover country by a wide margin.

Allan

Lol you will have to wait anther 2 years 250 days until Election Day 2024.

It will be here before you know it.

I know the countdown from the days to oust trump in 2020.

Worked out well for me, maybe you’ll get lucky like me.

Allan

The Brandon admin is funding Putin’s war with high oil prices. The Brandon admin signaled they would only have soft sanctions, if Putin Invaded Ukraine, not a war. The Brandon admin cut off much of our capacity to produce oil causing higher oil prices. The Brandon admin needed a subject change for the midterms.

Are they stupid or in the tank for Putin’s war? Probably both…

Your unqualified opinion is noted.