Are the "unboosted" the new "unvaxed"?

Whatever, Bill. I take a flu shot every year. If I think, upon my doctor’s advice, or the many doctors in my family, that an annual shot is in my best interest, fine with me.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

We should all be happy if we are at the beginning stages of the virus weakening in its lethality as early reports have been saying about omicron. Hoping all the articles I have been reading were they are saying mild compared to delta is great news if it sticks.

1 Like

Probability is with me … although they will probably skip pi like they did xi.

You were pretty fond of posting data from Israel when vaccine effectiveness was waning. Here is the data after they have had boosters

More than three months on, Israeli health officials say the data is clear: Booster shots helped bring down the fourth wave of the virus that swept the country in August and September.

At its peak, that wave saw more than 8,000 new Covid-19 cases per day, and more than 500 people hospitalized at a time in serious condition.

The current seven-day average is running at between 450 and 500 cases a day, and there are 129 people hospitalized in serious condition with the virus.

Natural immunity is not what it’s cracked up to be with mutations. That’s why the Flu is a risk every year regardless of how often you have contracted it in precious years.

I don’t but the premise that boosters are irrelevant.

That’s the beauty of individual choice and responsibility for our own decisions.

I don’t think this virus will disappear … it’s not lethal enough. The SARS virus was highly lethal, but not readily transmittable. Because of that, it has now (as far as they know) disappeared in open society. The original Covid virus was more transmittable and less deadly than SARS. Delta was 4-5 times more transmittable and somewhat less lethal (although that may have been due to better treatment.) Now we have Omicron which is more transmittable yet, but apparently less lethal. If that progression continues, we will be living indefinitely with an endemic virus that sickens many, but only kills the weak. From a Human species perspective, that would be a good thing.

Yes, at this point Alec Baldwin has killed more people than Omicron.

The virus is becoming like a cold virus. It will not go away, but it is unlikely to kill anyone either.

1 Like

You mean “fewer deaths”. Someone can’t be “less dead”.

1 Like

I got the J&J vaccine. No boosters for me. And no, I’m not taking one of those miRNA vaccines. But I bet the booster will be the next mandate.

1 Like

Probably so. I might get 1 booster just to get me thru what’s left of the covid 19 and the Delta.

Sounds like the new one isn’t to be feared much.

Come on man.

But when boosted the antibody levels return to normal neutralizing levels.

That’s what the study found.

The disconnect in some people’s heads is fascinating to watch.

I can’t tell you how many people think the vaccine is poison but the monoclonal antibody treatment one receives if one gets COVID is a miracle therapy.

When for all intents and purposes, the vax and the mAB are the SAME THING.

:rofl:

What is your issue with mRNA vaccines?

And there in lies the reality…you make a personal choice about what is in your best interests after consulting with your Dr. Flu shots aren’t mandate.

Continuing the mandates is a political decision…continuing the pandemic at this point is probably a political decision…

Let’s face it the lefties ruining this country don’t have much other than the pandemic they’ve screw up everything else they’ve touched.

1 Like

Our local hospitals are filled with COVID patients. Once again other patients are getting bumped/triaged.

You really want to stick with “continuing the pandemic is a political decision”?

1 Like

If you research buying a car or a house you are a smart consumer. If you research a vaxx you are a conspiracy theorist…

2 Likes

Yes, but most of the cases are amongst the vaxx’ed right? So perhaps the vaxx is making it more virulent…

Show us how you have “researched” a vax.

Lay your experience and credentials and your methodology out for us.