Are the press (media) the enemy of the people. Trump Thinks so. What say you?

I don’t think there are any.

The tactics used by Eritrea and North Korea are mirrored to varying degrees in other heavily censored countries. To keep their grip on power, repressive regimes use a combination of media monopoly, harassment, spying, threats of journalist imprisonment, and restriction of journalists’ entry into or movements within their countries.

Sound vaugely familiar…

The flip-side is often true too. A story Trump supports doesn’t need facts or they can be alternative facts. Case in point: not exonerated = exonerated

Somebody (maybe you??) pointed out that true stories that don’t paint a positive picture become part of the ‘negative’ coverage stats. So of that “90%” negative coverage, 50% is self inflicted.

Didn’t we have thread with certain posters parsing every past example " he did really say that"

Well

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1114221533461790721?s=19

I’m waiting for the parsing

1 Like

You’re taking him literally, what he really meant to say is that the president takes issue with the negative coverage spread across the news, ignoring the many good things this administration has delivered for the American people.

That’s basically what he tweeted. Be fair. Don’t play word games like reading words.

1 Like

Maybe Trump thinks we can be the first. It seems many followers are on board.

In Ethiopia there is this as a form of censorship…
Ten independent journalists and bloggers were imprisoned in 2014; authorities filed a lawsuit in August accusing six publications of “encouraging terrorism,” forcing at least 16 journalists to flee into exile.

The press is the enemy of the people. A terror attack gets blamed on the media, government takes action to allow only certain news. Hmmm?

1 Like

i wonder how his followers think “enemy of the people” should be treated…

Yeah they are.

Something should be done.

1 Like

What do you propose?

what should be done to groups that are labeled “enemy of the people” by the president?

would a terrorist group be better or worse than an "enemy of the people?

I was going to point out his hubris at claiming he’s done more than every president back to and including George Washington but I see what he meant is, “done more than the last guy”.

Trump polls higher than George Washington, Washington was overrated and a lot of people are saying that, more every day.

Go on …

Did you know Cohen was sent up to congress to lie by Trump… Oh, wait, that was a lie.

When will dems get mad at being made fools of for the last two years. No collusion was the conclusion… The swamp knew that two years ago…

Now the NYT is lying to them about the “entire” report. The kool aid, the kool aid, the kool aid…

1 Like

But is the Press the enemy of the people and if so what should be your solution

What is the punishment for sedition again? oh ya death.

What should be done?

like what?