Are Republicans Just Playing the Public?

Every time Trump does something really embarrassing to American values some Republicans come out and say that is bad, but what do their actions show they think it is really bad?

Nothing will come of any of this. That’s my guess. Clicking one’s heels and waiting for the next news cycle is the Great White Hope.

Republicans don’t have the guts to do anything about trump. They’re afraid he’ll mean tweet about them.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for anything significant to happen. some Republicans may wag their fingers in Donald’s direction, but if they are hoping to maintain their careers they’ll want to move on pretty soon.

You, know - for the sake of the “nation.”

Republican voters don’t want to abandon Trump. Why should Republican politicians? They know that if they dare cross our Dear Leader they will hold every single one of those politicians accountable. They’re vicious when they feel slighted, and they’ve been trained to vote.

They’ve moved the goal posts so many times they’re in the next county.

Marco Rubio’s response to Trump’s fumbled “clarification” today is today’s GOP in a nutshell.

Googled it, can’t find it.

They look for excuses to not have to do anything after his flubs.

It has been interesting watching you guys going from the world’s lone super power to basically having China and Russia telling you guys what to do and stick your sanctions.

The fun stuff is still to come. Who knew Presidenting was so hard?

True story. I’m suddenly really into growing my own food.

You need to understand the difference between stupid words at a presser and a disastrous foreign policy. They are different things. Once he takes the words back, they are gone. Not so with a disastrous foreign policy mistake.
Big difference.

Luckily, we get to have both.

1 Like