Are New York Times advertisers condoning racism and genocide?

The only other argument you can make is that it is ok to make any sort of race based anti white statement while using a slur in a single sentence is a word crime unless that slur is against whites. It is a complete double standard and one that you pick up from your people like Maddow or institutions like the NYTs.
Now when you say this is a societal standard now, and not created by these elites and institutions, I would have to say that the 2016 election shows that to be the opposite of the situation. In spite of 90% of papers supporting Hillary, grass roots support did not support her.
In any case, I will continue to argue my own beliefs and try to support them. When I have become 1984’d enough that I say a particular action is wrong because that is what the majority on the internet believe, then I hope I have the introspection to realize I no longer have an opinion worth stating. I will just refer to the latest polls.
In the meantime, I will state what MY opinion of double standards and hypocrisy are and note when the NYTs or any other major thought control center show that hypocrisy…as they have done here.

Good points.

Actually there has been a huge campaign against even admitting the content of Jeong’s comments. For example, Wikipedia has refused to include actual quotes and instead merely says that “critics characterized her tweets as racist”. In contrast they are very specific about Barr’s comments.

Twitter recently suspended the account of a conservative, Candace Owens, who simply substituted “Jewish people” for “white people” in some of Jeong’s comments. (I can’t post a link without violating our terms of service.)

On top of that a NY Times writer has been forced apologize for criticizing Jeong’s racism:

The hypocrisy of the guardians of the left is showing.

More people in this country voted against Trump than for him, so your logic that “grass roots didn’t support Hillary” fails on its face.

Good grief…

That doesn’t answer my question at all doug. You “googled” Jeong? So when the results popped up, which ones did you “take seriously” enough to click on?

There are plenty of articles both what I would call mindlessly condemning her without taking into account at all how much publicity there has long been about women being harassed online, including racially slanted attacks, and her explanation and apology for having returned fire with similar post aimed at what she felt were her attackers, or did you “take seriously” articles reporting things with more context?

You don’t need to bother answering as given your reply it is obvious which type you “take seriously”, but you still didn’t answer what those sources are in general.

What black people attacking her was Roseanne responding too when she made her ape comment about a black woman doug, the sources that I trust didn’t report anything about it, how about yours?

Is the Daily Wire news? From the headlines I saw there, it looks like a fake news tabloid.

Actually, the source I used was an apologist for Jeong, along the usual liberal line of its only bad if a white person does it. I didn’t reference it because that argument…stinks.
I used it because it was the first one I could find that actually listed her racist comments, as most don’t want to prejudice the argument against what she said by actually showing you what she said.

Anyone check out Jeong’s tweets? She’s got a very good sense of humor.

So… blah, blah, blah… I don’t care about the reality of the world and how women are treated on the net… blah, blah, blah… I will ignore any and all nuance along with any differences between Jeong’s and Barr’s situation at the time of their comments and insist that they should be treated the same regardless because it works right into my need to bash the left about anything and everything… blah, blah, blah…

“along the line of its only bad if a white person does it.” <— Totally ■■■■■■ up interpretation of whatever was actually written there doug.

So it’s pretty clear that whatever sources you “take seriously” aren’t really the problem. No matter what you read or hear, you’re a good Trump bot you don’t believe it and just hear and see what you want.

1 Like

Weird jumble of words.

Yep:

“Oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men,” she wrote in one.

“White people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants,” she wrote in another.

“#CancelWhitePeople,” another said.

1 Like

That’s top notch humor right there, Doug. I understand why you don’t get it though.

It’s satire. Surely, you can appreciate that. Kinda like what trump often does, which I know you appreciate.

Yet another example of conservatives not understanding humor.

So if Omarosa were actually able to back up her book claim that Trump used the N word, could we write that off as satire too?

I can’t see how #CancelWhitePeople doesn’t scream satire. He used the same examples to prove his point that I would’ve used to prove mine.

1 Like

Racial jokes are back in style, then?

1 Like

Jokes about racism will always confuse some.

You can write it off however you like, which I’m sure you will if it turns out to be verified. It will be fun to watch.

Poking fun at power will never go out of style.

I’m sure that if Trump did use the N word, he would have been speaking satirically. White comedians use that word all the time and nobody cares at all.

2 Likes