Are Hispanics turning republican?

Ah. So there are still racists. Such a surprise. Again, I have never heard anyone say that as an ethnic attack.

1 Like

Hispanicos. :rofl:

I don’t vote a certain way because of my race/ethnicity/gender, do you?

2 Likes

Or white. The english and canadians can go to. Oh and the phrench.

Piers Morgan comes to mind.

Not sure about anyone “turning” Republican. Cuban Americans have traditionally, as fleeing the ravages of Communism, voted for conservative candidates:

If Americans from south of the border are now more open to a Republican gubernatorial candidate, don’t they tend to have more pro family, fiscally conservative values, for example, pooling savings as a family, from the start?

IMO Hispanic Americans voting Republican isn’t new. They may in the past been less likely to do so either feeling unwelcome among more nativist conservatives or understanding the need for programs as safety nets. But their being open to a Republican candidate really isn’t new or surprising.

Why?

They tend to embrace Catholic Christianity, be very pro family.

While they may not be losing sleep over GLBTQ, I find even though they may depend on some safety net programs for assistance, they have a very strong work ethic & aren’t as likely to turn down jobs because they involve hazardous duties, or odd day and/or hour schedules as some native borns.

Native born friend of mine I understand her frustration from not finding work after improving her education & earning professional licensure. Problem is, sometimes it ISN’T a lack of work.

The individual finds fault with different opportunities & won’t take advantage (for example, one of the normal schedule days is a weekend). Immigrants who work in that field tend to be a bit more open to days & hours that aren’t Monday through Friday 9-5.

Why is it difficult to accept they may be more open to conservative political candidates?

so he didn’t say to “go back yo your own country” thanks for clarifying