AOC’s chief of staff ran $1M slush fund by diverting campaign cash to his own companies

Do you know how many american diplomats died under Pres. Bush?

I agree with this, but I have to say, almost $1M being funneled into private LLCs is a little different than what violations you might find scrounging around for something.

This seems bad to me, but It’s early in teh story arc. We’ll see…

Here is the major difference between the gop and the dems…the dems typically…not always but typically cave on these issues…where the gop tends to dig in and fight it out. This is more in line with their dont give a ■■■■ attitude…
We see this with trump. Clearly he violates finance rules and what do we see? Excuses…witch hunt…and screams of outrage and persecution not seen since the well i cant think of a group who has screamed this loud over persecution than the gop…

For some reason it seems to work…its like a crying baby .people tend to feel bad and want to help it…

1 Like

Let’s hear AOC’s POV on this. My guess is that if this has happened and it’s illegal, she was not aware. She may say some crazy ■■■■ but…I believe…she believes it and is sincere in her integrity.

2 Likes

The fines were for reporting violations and are common violations. Some f the donations were not reported in a timely manner. The reason Obama’s fine was higher than Trumps is because he raised more money. The violations AOC are not in the same ballpark. The article accuses AOC’s chief of staff of self dealing. Something Trump is being investigated for doing. Obama’s campaign was never accused of this.

Didn’t Trump openly self deal from his campaign. His campaign paid for travel on Trump’s plane, paid for hotel stays at Trump hotels, paid for office space in Trump tower…

When did the investigation into whitewater begin and when did clinton lie?

It was not at the start of the investigation… it wasnt even after the two year mark…

Even then, all they got him for was a process crime, which we have been hearing lately is not only not a big deal but a badge of honor to repubs…

1 Like

This doesn’t seem to be that new of a problem.

Our election system may be so screwed up they their is either legal or impossible to prosecute.

Of a related note, these articles seem purposefully written to give an impression that this guy and AOC were diverting her campaign money into their bank accounts.

Money is speech, so unsurprising.

Weird.

On the face of it, you’d think this would be prime, prime fodder.

Indeed, Foxnews.com had this story above the fold a little while ago. Now it’s not. I wonder why.

Instead, they’ve got the article now above the fold about “New anti-AOC billboard slams Democrat over Green New Deal ‘boss’ comments”.

Pretty sure a million dollars in campaign finance fraud is more important than some anti-AOC billboard.

Must defend little princess at all cost. :rofl:

1 Like

We need a one and only thread for AOC.

It would need it’s own database server and dedicated bandwidth…

There is nothing little about Trump but it is refreshing to see some self reflection from you

1 Like

Agreed. Resignation is on the table if she knew.

I’m not defending her. If she knew she needs to step down (and possibly be charged).

I totally agree

Its not illegal if it was Trump would be busted big time for spending PAC money on his own companies.

How come the so-called amount keeps climbing with each CRC report of it?

So we’re still pretending obstruction is new and hasn’t been something looked into ever since he fired Comey and said on camera it was because of Russia. That’s cool.