AOC on VIRUS: US Must ‘Strip Profit Motive Out of Our Decisions’ to Promote ‘The Public Good’

Originally published at: AOC on VIRUS: US Must ‘Strip Profit Motive Out of Our Decisions’ to Promote ‘The Public Good’ | Sean Hannity

Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez weighed-in on the national Coronavirus crisis this week; saying America must “strip profit motive out of our decisions” to “reprioritize the public good.”

“We have to start demanding… that we strip profit motive out of our decisions and reprioritize the public good and the health of everyday people,” posted AOC on social media.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: "We have to start demanding… that we strip profit motive out of our decisions and reprioritize the public good and the health of everyday people." pic.twitter.com/6ypymtvtb3

— The Hill (@thehill) April 10, 2020

Ocasio-Cortez continued to comment on the “racist” impact of the Coronavirus Monday; saying the disease is mostly felt in “Black and Latino” communities across the country.

“To all the people that said ‘there’s no evidence racial disparities in COVID impact exist’. I represent the most impacted neighborhoods in the country: Corona & East Elmhurst. These are overwhelmingly Black & Latino neighborhoods. Louis Armstrong’s house is here,” posted AOC on social media.

To all the people that said “there’s no evidence racial disparities in COVID impact exist.” ⬇️⬇️⬇️

I represent the most impacted neighborhoods in the country: Corona & East Elmhurst.

These are overwhelmingly Black & Latino neighborhoods. Louis Armstrong’s house is here. https://t.co/NPAXdR1GHS

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) April 4, 2020

I incl that last detail to illustrate that these are also HISTORICALLY Black communities, which means they have been impacted by racist policies like redlining for generations.

This pandemic is happening in CONTEXT. & a lot of folks who deny racism have no idea what it really is

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) April 4, 2020

“I incl that last detail to illustrate that these are also HISTORICALLY Black communities, which means they have been impacted by racist policies like redlining for generations. This pandemic is happening in CONTEXT. & a lot of folks who deny racism have no idea what it really is,” she added.