AOC: My ‘Dreams of Motherhood Now Bittersweet’ Because of Global Warming

Originally published at: AOC: My ‘Dreams of Motherhood Now Bittersweet’ Because of Global Warming | Sean Hannity

Outspoken climate activist Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez spoke with world leaders on the issue of global warming Friday; saying her dreams of “motherhood” are now “bittersweet” because of our “children’s future.”

“I speak to you as a human being. A woman whose dreams of motherhood now tastes bittersweet because of what I know about our children’s future. Our actions are responsible for bringing their most dire possibilities in to focus,” said Ocasio-Cortez.

“I speak to you as a daughter and descendent of colonized peoples who have already begun to suffer,” she added.

.@AOC, near tears: My dreams of motherhood "now tastes bittersweet" because of global warming pic.twitter.com/hwNUSxtp3l

— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) October 11, 2019

Countless climate activists descended on the streets of London Thursday; erecting tents, creating traffic gridlock, and performing “interpretive yoga” to highlight the dangers posed by global warming.

Extinction Rebellion – Day 3 pic.twitter.com/RxRNukO8IB

— Mike Nayna (@MikeNayna) October 9, 2019

“Climate change activists persist with their protests in London as they demand that the UK government shorten the window to reduce greenhouse gas emissions,” reports Reuters.

Climate change activists persist with their protests in London as they demand that the UK government shorten the window to reduce greenhouse gas emissions pic.twitter.com/9CixttHhhu

— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) October 9, 2019

Climate change protesters clash with police in London as they demand more action to protect the environment pic.twitter.com/W5oEiQXEvF

— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) October 9, 2019

Similar demonstrations shut-down Washington, DC and New York City earlier this month.