Any bets on indictments today?

That’s a lie.

But I do understand that it helps with the pain.

Probably going golfing.

A fair possibility. Although he has found plenty of time to rage tweet over past weekends before a round.

I noticed this too. Usually really bad news makes him freak out and rage tweet even more. Not tweeting for a full day is pretty unusual. The White House must feel like the Berlin Bunker at this point…

2 Likes

Only when the bad news is something he feels he can spin away from or distract from. If he feels truly cornered and having to huddle with advisors to figure out what options they have, because the news is really bad for them, I could see them go radio-silent as well.

Yeah I don’t believe I have seen a tweet on Weisselberg or Pecker…no way to spin those immunity deals well.

It really speaks to the professionalism of this investigation that Mueller’s team hasn’t leaked anything. The little bits of information we’ve received have come from Trump’s team trying to get ahead of some stories.

1 Like

Most reporting is suggesting that Trump is exploding in private over these immunity deals, the Cohen plea, the Manafort conviction, etc. He feels the noose tightening, and when coupled with the poor polling coming out, he surely has to feel more and more trapped and incapable of just forcing the narrative change, as he has been successful at doing in the past.

Absolutely. Mueller is running the very definition of a professional investigation. He is allowing all of his talking to be done in the court of law. As it should be. Very different from the Starr investigation, that leaked like a sieve.

Some are suggesting that Bob Woodward’s book, which is set to be released soon, has him highly agitated and scared.

Oooh. Good point. Sometime after Guiliani’s Bluster Date but before the marginal DOJ 60-day guidance date.

Probably rightfully so too. It seems Woodward got unprecedented access, due to who he is and his reputation. I’m interested to hear what he has uncovered.

Completely unrelated, but this post reminds me of one of my favorite golf sayings.

Q: How’d you do on that last hole.
A: Meh. Got a “Hitler.”
Q: What’s a “Hitler?”
A: Two shots in the bunker.

1 Like

Yeah, c’mon Allan… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woodward, unlike Omarosa and others who have written books on Trump, is a highly respected and decorated journalist. The fact that the toadies are already trying to discredit him is telling.

1 Like

I’m trying to remember the timing of previous indictment/big news announcements, but it seems Mueller times it with Friday Afternoon News Dump pretty often. Which is actually very gracious.

Or cunning.

Not sure which.

Did Hitler shoot himself twice?

They’d discredit anything that didn’t fall in line with their propaganda. But yeah, I’m looking forward to Woodward, too. And now that I finished Russian Roulette, I’m doubling back on the others I was reading. Trying to finish Katy Tur’s book now, then I think I’ll swing into finishing Hillary’s.

There was also Eva in there, though I don’t think she was shot.

It’s a golf thing. It’s important on the course to know when to take things seriously or when to take them literally.

1 Like

Okay. It’s still funny. But I was just trying to see if I was misremembering History Channel stuff.

1 Like