Another White Male DEMOCRAT (14 Now) Jumps in 2020 Race

Yeah I can explain that one. That’s not what I said.

Bernie is dealing with too much vote splitting on the left. I was thinking at first we would be seeing a repeat of 2016 with this time being Biden vs Bernie but the field is so crowded he seems to be taking the blunt of the losses, whereas Biden keeps climbing.

Speaking of third party I had read were Marc Cuban was looking at a run as an independent, that would be interesting.

Yeah I saw that as well.

What I don’t understand is why the dimocrats were so against howard schultz, but joe biden is their guy?? Makes zero sense.

I don’t believe these biden polls. It seems like a naked attempt to get several to drop out NOW.

So explain please… and it was what you said.

Schultz is literally the only candidate talking and warning about the national debt. I watched one of his town halls he didn’t seem like the boogeyman people portrayed him to be.

Just asking, what personal shots, at at which posters was this directed, because I am not seeing it. Or we’re the posts deleted already?

Deleted.

Not sure how someone declaring, automatically means people “love them”.

What is clear is you really really need to find a way to defend your parties lack of diversity, when it comes to people who are actually elected. You can’t even get to 5% female representation in Congress, it’s pathetic.

Why didn’t Carly Fiorina, Ben Carson or Sen. Rubio get the 2016 GOP nomination? Was Trump really the most qualified Republican running for President in 2016??

Why would it look like that? Likely because you removed the other Dems running for the Presidency. Here, let me help you out:

1. Cory Booker
  2. Julian Castro
  3. Tulsi Gabbard
  4. Kirsten Gillebrand
  5. Kamala Harris
  6. Amy Klobuchar
  7. Wayne Messam
  8. Elizabeth Warren
  9. Marianne Williamson
  10. Andrew Yang

It’s seems a bit dishonest on your part to leave all these women and minorities off your list in order to make you quite inaccurate point.

1 Like

Shhhhh. You’re gonna ruin his illogical rant. Getting all facty and stuff. How dare you?

Good thread. Thank you for your “concern.”

Hey, those evil, entitled white men are taking over your side’s election. Someone needed to point it out.

I know, right. Back in 2016 I was thinking along a similar line:

1. Ben Carson

The GOP candidates are starting to look like a smoke-filled room in South Chicago just before a Black Lives Matters march.

I see that. It’s kinda like watching a drunk jittering through the DTs telling someone with long term sobriety how to stay sober.

I appreciate the chuckle.

1 Like

I’ll give you a clue. Two hispanic/latino men. Both are senators. One of them has been mentioned in the thread. They both ran for president in 2016. One represents Florida. One represents Texas. One is named marco rubio. One is named Ted Cruz.

Let us know when you figure it out.

Of course we should look at the behaviors and positions of today. There’s a reason David Duke and his ilk are all in on Trump.

But clinging to the fact that Lincoln was a Republican allows them to rationalize away all the racists and anti minority positions todays GOPholds so dear.

Good thing you had champions like lyndon johnson to advance the dimocrats.

lbj - “These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”

There are equally racist quotes by Abraham Lincoln, who advocated white supremacy in Illinois.

It is near impossible to find perfection in public figures and pointless to look for it. However, Johnson did lead the shift in the Democratic Party that alienated the southern Dixiecrat faction and caused them to shift almost entirely to the Republican Party, who today are the heirs and promotors of the pre-1965 Democratic Party.

Cool story. There’s a reason the racist Deep South is solidly GOP. Keep making yourself feel better though by clinging to 100 year old history.

1 Like