Another Vax is on the way!

What to Know About the AstraZeneca Vaccine Controversy (healthline.com)

Basically, they got caught combining two smaller trials into one trial. One with the dosing mistake, and one without.

Not enough sample size on either trial to stand alone. So they cheated and combined them together to come up with their claimed 70% effectiveness.

Prayers both of them recover quickly.

We don’t know just how effective any of them really are on the new variants.

There just hasn’t been time enough to do any significant research on it but so far it seems all three provide adequate coverage for the current strains.

Actually getting two different vaccines might even be better.

Waiting in the midst of the worst pandemic since 1917 probably isn’t the way I’d say we should be leaning.

If the data looks good, get it out there now!

Ya they will not let people choose although a friend of mine who is medical doctor did get to choose (not directly). He wanted the Moderna and that said first time first served but then when he was scheduling when they would bring it to his office they let it out that Moderna was given on x dates and he said that was the date he wanted the shot.

I am all in for vaccinating the public

Risk vs reward. Is the risk the vaccine may not be 100% safe and effective greater than the risk of not using it?

I say if the data looks good use it and get it to the public as fast as possible.

1 Like