Another Timely Message for Beto and his Fellow Gun Banners

Sure, you can count it as drivel.

Remind me never to go to the UK again. I’ll be five times more likely to be hit in the head with a beer bottle or pool stick.

Hey look on the bright side, at least the Brits are leading in something.

Same stats. From your link:

The FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports defines a “violent crime” as one of four specific offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

The British Home Office, by contrast, has a substantially different definition of violent crime. The British definition includes all “crimes against the person,” including simple assaults, all robberies, and all “sexual offenses,” as opposed to the FBI, which only counts aggravated assaults and “ forcible rapes.

Read that again slowly, the only difference is “simple assault” which in the UK requires an act of force to be used, same as aggravated assault in the US.

They continue to lead.

The latest crime figures for the 12 months to March also show an 18% rise in violent crime, including a 20% surge in gun and knife crime. The official figures also show a 26% rise to 723 in the homicide rate, which includes the 96 cases of manslaughter at Hillsborough in 1989.

From 2017.

Aggravated assault is way different than simple assault. Far more common. Go to any SEC football game. You’re likely to find a simple assault.

But I won’t argue that the UK has a serious problem with a rise in crime. It’s definitely higher than other parts of Europe, where crime is extremely low.

Aggravated assault by UK standards is a covered by both aggravated and simple assault under US codes. Both require an element of force. Generally in the US it is prosecuted as “battery”.

Do you really believe the UK is 5 times more dangerous the US?

I would believe that about South Africa, Brazil, or Mexico, but not the UK.

All the numbers I can find show it to be anywhere from 3-5x higher in the UK for total violent crimes.

It’s not even hard.

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/United-Kingdom/United-States/Crime/Violent-crime

And you actually believe that?

Imagine if crime in the US were to increase by five folds. It would be pretty noticeable.

All this shows is your inability to do accurate research.

1 Like

It was pretty noticeable in the UK too.

You might want to look at how NM calculates the rates and get back with us.

More on the same subject.

Breaking live video from the UK…

1 Like

The comparison was with the U.S. and you keep linking EU statistics, are you confused?

I’ve provided multiple citations showing their violent crime rate.

Easy now… Remember the difference in math scores between the two countries…

Which is lower than the U.S.

Move on, you were wrong,

No it isn’t, not unless you play with the numbers hard.