Another Timely Message for Beto and his Fellow Gun Banners

No, in the case cited beneath that statement.

This is your post correct?

So what exactly is your point in posting it if that’s not the case.

Feng Zhu Chen is old?

How old would you say she is?

Oh thanks for the correction, different case, same principle applies though. She wasnt’ elderly but a very small framed woman who is hearing impaired.

This is the other case with the 80yo woman and a home intruder.

Or this case where a disabled and wounded man was able to successfully fight off 3 armed attackers in another home invasion killing two and wounding a third.

July 10, Summerfield, Florida. A disabled 61-year-old homeowner kept his AR-15 loaded by his bedside after a suspicious interaction earlier in the day with a man who was looking through the sliding glass door on his back porch.

When the homeowner awoke to loud noises that night, he grabbed his rifle just in time to defend himself from four armed men who had broken into his home.

He killed two of the armed intruders and sent the other two fleeing, until they were tracked down by a police K9 unit. Despite being outnumbered and wounded himself, the homeowner survived.

Regardless our crime is still much higher than most other first world countries.

That certainly isn’t true. GB has a much higher violent crime rate than the US.

I said most not all.

And not sure what statistic you’re using.

The UK has a lower homicide rate than us.

You’re moving the bar from all violent crimes to murder and our murder rate has been cut by over half in the last 24 years.

UK violent crime rate is about 5x higher than ours, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, and many other first world and developed non aligned nations have higher rates than the US.

I have a very hard time believing the UK has 5 times more violent crimes than the US. Where did you get this number?

2. “In the UK there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people. …The US has a violent crime rate of 466 [violent] crimes per 100,000 residents.”

From your link:

The British Home Office, by contrast, has a substantially different definition of violent crime. The British definition includes all “crimes against the person,” including simple assaults, all robberies, and all “sexual offenses,” as opposed to the FBI, which only counts aggravated assaults and “ forcible rapes. ”

When you look at how this changes the meaning of “violent crime,” it becomes clear how misleading it is to compare rates of violent crime in the US and the UK. You’re simply comparing two different sets of crimes. In 2009/10, for instance (annual data is from September to September), British police recorded 871,712 crimes against persons, 54,509 sexual offenses, and 75,101 robberies in England and Wales. Based on the 2010 population of 55.6 million, this gives a staggeringly high violent crime rate of 1,797 offenses per 100,00 people.

I’m sure the British are clamoring for more handguns and assault rifles to make them “safer.”

Dang Brit’s… Always trying to outdo the yanks… It got so safe in the UK they had to redefine violent crime to keep us with us yanks…

1 Like

Also from the link:

In 2010, the US had an average murder rate of 4.8 murders per 100,000 people— 4 times higher than the UK’s rate of 1.2 per 100,000, and, coincidentally, the exact opposite of the impression that Swann gives viewers.

I guess Americans are 20 times better at finishing their violent crimes than the Brits.

Sounds like the Brit’s will need to redefine murder to keep up… Perhaps they could count murdering posters with data in their total… :rofl:

All assaults and robberies are counted as violent crimes in the US as well.

I don’t’ particularly care what Brits clamor for it doesn’t affect US or the 2nd Amendment.

So once again you are moving the bar to murder from all violent crimes.

Try sticking to the topic.

They already have, they don’t count murders that are not solved.

Do you deny that the US has 4 times more homicides than the UK?

If not, how could a country with 4 times less murders have 5 times more violent crimes?

Can we at least count Ex-Pat’s refutation of your “study” as a violent crime?

I’m not denying anything but unlike yourself I’m not deflecting either.

Murder is not the only violent crime, it isn’t even the most common crime in which firearms are used to stop/deter he crimes in progress.