Another super-spreader event involving vaccinated sophisticated Democrats?

A total of 74 people on Martha’s Vineyard have tested positive for Covid- 19 since former President Barack Obama’s 60th birthday extravaganza last Saturday, more than any week since April. . .

Several celebrities including Bradley Cooper checked in to the Harbor View Hotel where six staff members tested positive.

The Harbor View was among three new COVID clusters in Edgartown, along with the Alchemy Bistro & Bar with 14 cases, and Port Hunter restaurant with five, according to local health officials.

I have not seen any reports of cases among the guests at Obama’s party, but we even know about the cases if came down with COVID after they left the island?

Were some of the guests acting like typhoid Mary’s and transmitting the virus while showing little or no symptoms?

I’m sure the MSM will be all over this.

snort

1 Like

So there was a big time cutback. And yet the OP title is “Another super-spreader event”.
And so far I can’t find any evidence to back-up that claim.

Even Maureen Dowd has turned on him.

“I think the nouveaux riches Obamas are seriously tone-deaf,” said the authority on opulence, André Leon Talley. “We all love Beyoncé. But people have so many things to worry about with Covid, voting rights, climate warming. People are afraid of being evicted from their homes. And the Obamas are in Marie-Antoinette, tacky, let-them-eat-cake mode. They need to remember their humble roots.”

2 Likes

Why in the world would the “mainstream media” report this?

Health agents on the island have reported 54 new COVID-19 cases since Sunday, Aug. 8, with 10 reported on Tuesday, 13 on Wednesday and now 18 new cases reported Thursday. The 54 cases reported over the past five days come after case levels reached near-zero totals at the beginning of the summer, according to The Vineyard Gazette.

Martha’s Vineyard Hospital spokeswoman Marissa Lefebvre told the Herald they have also seen a jump in people coming in for tests for coronavirus. She said the number of positive hits is also up and they have a patient in the hospital who is ill.

“This is the busiest time on the island,” Lefebvre added. “It’s impossible for us to know at this point” if the infections are linked to the Obama bash.

That’s the claim.

What does the CDC say about gatherings of 300 in an enclosed space?

2 Likes

Why is that pertinent? Axios reported that there were 200 guests gathered outdoors.

Plus at least 100 servants. Inside a tent.

2 Likes

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/large-gatherings.html

‘Sophisticated’ is so envy-grievancy it’s embarrassing. 1970s Soviet agitprop, embarrassing.

But, ■■■■ the people who party on the Vineyard, treacly garish ‘self-made’ types, and the Yaleys, while domestic workers are put at risk during year two of a plague cycle.

2 Likes

What do you prefer? Organic intellectuals?

These people were partying on the Obama Estate.

None of that maudlin, overwrought trash.

Give it a name. Self identify.

Off your game today.

Naw, spot on.

1 Like

Yes, if the tent were open to allow free flow of air, transmission was unlikely.

More likely places to catch COVID would be inside local restaurants, bars, hotels, guest houses, limos, private jets, etc. I assume most of the out-of-town guests were there for more than just the party.

We have not heard anything about guests at the party catching COVID. That could be because none of them got it. A more likely scenario is that they only showed symptoms after leaving the island, and the details of the outbreak remain a state secret.

Why do you think that’s “more likely?”