Another shooting of a black man. How long before this one blows up?

“…or will this be another excuse for violence by BLM and Associates no matter what the truth is?”

Let’s just say I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near Columbus, Ohio to find out.

1 Like

I am not making any assertions here just starting a conversation by asking the question.

Depends on whether or not they’re wearing bodycams.

And again this is why I love police video from both cars and body cam’s.

It protects good officers and exposes the bad one’s.

2 Likes

It is about BLM, and they would be right in protesting if witness accounts are correct. The article leads me to believe that they are, and this cop screwed up.

Call me crazy but I’m withholding judgement until all the facts are known for which I’ll no doubt be again pilloried and called a racist by many here.

1 Like

“We received a referral to take a three-day old officer-involved shooting case. Not knowing all the reasons as to why so much time has passed before the case was referred to BCI, we cannot accept this case,” a spokesperson for the Attorney General’s office said.

“BCI has an existing MOU (memorandum of understanding) with CPD, as they know that BCI is their first call when an incident occurs. BCI is the first call because we cannot be the subject matter experts unless we’re on scene from the beginning to document the evidence of what happened from the start,” Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost said in a statement Monday. “Three days later after the crime scene has been dismantled and the witness(es) have all dispersed does not work.”

Always love to see the effective collaboration between government agencies!

Bad call by the Department. The first call in a police involved shooting after it is initially reported should be to a higher level outside agency to take over the investigation.

Pure speculation, but this sounds like a sprint to home base situation. You know, where the officer attempts to stop a suspect, and the suspect gets scared and flees to where he thinks he’s safe, at home. Knowing he’s armed, and there will be questions, possible wrongful arrest or worse. That’s what’s playing in my mind, anyway.

Well we do know that the reported reason for the stop is that the subject was waiving a gun out the window of his vehicle which would at least be felony endangerment depending on the state statutes.

If he was in pursuit of a fleeing armed felon even shooting him in the back while fleeing is perfectly lawful.

Still be crazy here waiting for more facts but if that is the case then there should be recorded radio/telephone traffic to support that as being the reason for the attempted stop.

I hope he was wearing a body camera and the footage is released.

Why do you put Family in quotes?

2 Likes

Because I wanted to since families are rarely a good source for an unbiased version of such events.

1 Like

If he was, when he entered the home, how would the police know it was his home? They could have thought they may have a hostage situation (or worse) on their hands.

It wouldn’t really matter.

Someone crazy enough to be waiving a gun out the window driving down the road is a significant threat to everyone including their own family.

Taking one’s own family hostage in such a situation is not at all unheard of.

Unless it was reported that someone was waving their gun out the window, and it wasn’t him.

His family says he wasn’t carrying.

His attention-seeking attorney (I’ve hired attorneys before. Not a single one of them chose to fight my case on his facebook page instead of in the court), said he had a license for a gun, not that he was carrying, not that it was concealed.

Either way, the sheriff’s dept was dispatched to the neighborhood and was on an active manhunt for a violent suspect, when a civilian got shot.

If he’s white: “That’s a shame, but It happens.”
If he’s black: “It’s proof that conservatives are racist and the NRA is hypocritical/.”

2 Likes

What I’m reading says that’s what the Deputy observed and cited reason for the attempted stop.

Hopefully he’s got it on his vehicle camera if that’s the case.

Pretty much unfortunately.

If it proves unjustified I still wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for the NRA to chime in.